Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of nine global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode is seeking a marketing analytics manager to help analyze our marketing campaigns and convert our efforts into actionable information to drives return on investment. Using predictive modeling and cluster analysis, you will enable our marketing team to implement research-backed decisions in the marketing process.
In this role, you will help Linode with quantitative and qualitative analysis as it relates to SEO, creation of customer personas, understanding website visitor behavior, and measuring advertising campaign performance. You will excel at identifying patterns and important metrics, interpreting those findings, and working closely with peers and management to fulfill content production, advertising, and event coordination tasks for the company.
You will have a bachelor's degree in marketing, statistical analysis, or data science related field, exhibit excellent communications skills, and have keen interest in building test cases, measuring performance and interpreting results. This is a full-time 40 hour per week position based in Linode’s Philadelphia office.
- Benchmark performance across all online channels and advise on critical metrics
- Use methodical performance analysis to influence or support campaign strategies
- Report on key metrics, analyzing and interpreting trends and providing actionable insights based on available analytical data
- Analyze online user behavior including conversion data, customer journeys, and funnel analysis
- Perform return on investment analysis to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of different marketing campaigns
- Actively identify on-page SEO opportunities
- Perform SEO, Content, and Social Media audits
- Perform competitive analysis to find new opportunities
- Use available data sources to troubleshoot campaign (and overall) performance issues and propose areas for optimization
- Spot potential to implement new methodologies and improve analytical procedure
- Collaborate with the entire marketing organization to improve performance across all of our marketing efforts
- BA or BS in marketing, statistical analysis, or data science related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of related marketing analysis experience
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience creating custom Google Analytics reports and interpreting the information
- Strong background in SEO best practices, measurement, and analytics
- Deep understanding of the Google Adwords and Bing platforms and the ability to run text, display, and retargeting campaigns
- Strong awareness of current online marketing concepts
- A passion for A/B testing design and messaging across landing pages, PPC, and display advertising
- Proficiency with MS office or Mac iWork suites; creating reports, merging data, and interpreting data in order to formulate suggestions and make recommended changes
- Google Analytics certification
- Google AdWords certification
- Experience working with a cloud computing or hosting company
- Experience with virtual private servers (cloud computing)
- Familiarity with one or more Linux distributions, including Ubuntu and/or Debian a plus
- Familiarity with Hubspot, Moz, SEMrush, or other SEO research tools
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL