At Linode, we are passionate about technology and helping our customers. We love programming and get excited about what can be accomplished using computers. We live to solve problems, write software, and make cool stuff happen. Now, we want the right people on our team who have both the aptitude and attitude necessary to succeed in the unique culture that we've developed since 2003.
We are currently looking for a talented technical writer and editor to join our documentation efforts. In this role, you'll write and edit Linux software documentation while serving as the editor of other writers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) writing on Linode’s behalf through our bounty program, as well as source content from community experts. You’ll help our content evolve by joining our small team of writers as a peer reviewer, editor, and project manager, collaborating to direct each stage of a guide’s development.
You should have experience writing and editing software documentation, working with subject matter experts, researching and generating new topics from scratch based on popularity and relevance, improving a large collection of existing documentation, coordinating with a team of writers, and matching company style guidelines and writing procedures. You should also have significant prior experience with, and knowledge of, Linux and related topics.
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Philadelphia, PA. Relocation assistance is available.
- Write and edit guides, blog posts, and other materials, maintaining consistent style and voice
- Edit and proofread documentation created by other writers and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Contribute to plans for creating new guides and edit existing documentation
- Coordinate with other writers and SMEs to ensure that projects are completed on schedule
- Write website copy and product descriptions
- Contribute to interviews, marketing materials, and press release materials
- Engage in higher-level planning for comprehensive customer knowledge and engagement efforts
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or equivalent subject
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills
- Substantial experience with Linux, scripting in Python/Ruby/Bash and software such as web and mail server stacks, databases, and configuration management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Nice to have: Experience with GitHub or another version control system; experience with Markdown or a similar language such as RST or wiki markup
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- And much more! visit linode.com/careers for a full listing of benefits