Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of nine global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
The Linux Solutions Consultant is part of Linode’s Professional Services fee-for-service team that delivers “admin on demand” service to existing and prospective customers. He or she will interface with Linode customers on a broad range of projects from initial contact and definition to testing and delivery.
Candidates must be available to work full-time at Linode’s Haddonfield NJ office. Position is full time (40 hours) per week. Relocation assistance is available.
Applicants should be familiar with, and ideally proficient or expert at, a majority of the following technologies:
- Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux distros
- cPanel and Plesk control panels
- LAMP/LEMP stacks
- Postfix & Dovecot mail servers
- SaltStack server provisioning & configuration software
- Drupal and WordPress content management systems
- Nginx and Apache web servers
- MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB database servers
- Memcache & Varnish HTTP accelerators
- Ruby on Rails and PHP web frameworks
- Perl and Python languages
- While knowledge of Linode products is not a requirement for hiring, Linux Consultants will be expected to become expert very quickly about the company’s products and services (Linodes, Linode Manager, the Linode Managed service, NodeBalancers, Backups, and Longview & Longview Pro).
- Working with clients directly to define project requirements and estimate the effort and timeline necessary to complete.
- Implementing and documenting solutions – everything from deploying a LAMP stack and the migration of existing web sites and applications to creating a high availability horizontally scaling environment.
- Following Linode processes and best practices as established by the company.
- Working with Linode Managed customers on site migrations, cPanel installations and escalated tickets related to application tuning and optimization as well as architectural advice.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal – as emails and telephone calls are required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, working on more than one project at a time.
- Ability to learn new, relevant technologies.
- The acumen to know when to implement exactly what the client asks for, when to advise them on industry best practice solutions, and when to err on the side of refusal to implement a solution due to security concerns, etc.
- One to two years’ work experience in a similar role or proven expertise through code samples, GitHub projects, etc.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health, dental, and, vision insurance, company paid long term disability and life insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.