Linode is seeking a skilled UX Designer with a strong interest and capability in the design and development of highly engaging user experiences. You will have an eye for clean design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
As Linode's first ever dedicated UI/UX hire, this role will require both a high level of independent work & a strong need for team collaboration. This is a regular 40 hour per week position located in Old City, Philadelphia.
- Collaborate with development teams to define and implement solutions for product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executives alike
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 3+ years proven experience working in a similar capacity
- Proven UX experience and a passion for what you do
- Demonstrate UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating storyboards, user flows, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS or equivalent in Digital Media, Interaction Design, or related field
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.