Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
You will regularly collaborate with Linode’s development team in the typical agile/scrum environment. This role requires high level of independent work, but also a strong need for team collaboration. This role is a regular 40 hour per week position located in Philadelphia, PA. Relocation assistance is available.
Must have requirements:
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Strong experience with common front end languages such as HTML5, CSS3
- Strong opinions on technology and software design to bring to the table
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience using unit testing libraries and utilities such as Mocha, Enzyme, Chai, Karma
- Experience with server side languages such as node.js, Python or Perl
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong presence in the open-source world. Contributions to open source projects as well as your own portfolio to show off a huge plus
- Development experience in Unix/Linux operating environments
- Experience with virtualization technologies like KVM and Xen
- Experience in a hosting environment or other cloud-based IAAS or SAAS provider a plus
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.