Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode is seeking a seasoned engineer who’s passionate about security and truly understands how to protect both our customer’s and Linode’s data alike. The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions. Linode’s team of Security Engineers play a critical part in maintaining the most reliable, scalable, and secure infrastructure in the industry.
We’re looking for a natural problem solver. Someone who lives to put out fires before they start. Someone eager to be part of the team responsible for ensuring that our clients’ data and our platform are protected from vulnerabilities. This means participation in security audits, risk analysis, and vulnerability testing in all areas of Linode with the number one priority of customer protection.
Primary Job Functions
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans that work at scale
- Implement automation of vulnerability scanning and detection
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate all security-focused tools and services
- Build and deploy automation for monitoring our infrastructure, application, and network
- Assist in the development and enforcement of security policies and best practices
- Mentor the entire Linode team on security best practices
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Mitigate abusive activities such as botnets, DDoS, and spamming
- Live and breathe all things security and be an advocate for customer trust and privacy protection
- 5+ years of system, network, and/or application security experience
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with TCP/IP, packet analysis, and iptables
- Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company (product development, operations, networking, etc.)
- Experience in automation of tasks through scripting or programming with Bash, Python, Perl, etc
- Understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages; Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 incident response
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide free comprehensive health/dental insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.