Are you a battle-hardened infosec veteran who finds their reason for living is to prepare and defend a fleet of servers against the constant onslaught of real world threats? Do you crave for the thrill of the bug hunt and feel the hunger within you is only satiated after being able to inflict your will upon a misconfigured server config or unintentionally exposed API endpoint? Linode is seeking a passionate, seasoned security engineer who lives and breathes open source and has dedicated their career to securing Linux infrastructure.
An ideal addition to the security team has experience handling all aspects related to information security, from internal assessments to bearing the responsibility of driving the security posture of the company forward through risk assessment and policy creation. As candidates will serve as advocates for improving the security of the entire company, we are seeking individuals who have experience securing network, system and physical assets while managing the risks of a primarily virtualized infrastructure. We expect you to be a natural problem solver and work as a part of the security team to put out fires before they start.
Primary Job Functions
- Identify vulnerabilities, assess risk and develop mitigation plans
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate all security-focused tools and services
- Plan and deploy security systems
- Assist in the development and enforcement of security policies and best practices
- Mentor the entire Linode team on security best practices
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Mitigate and minimize the impact of all threats to our networks, ranging from botnets to DDoS’s
- Live and breathe all things security and be an advocate for customer trust and privacy protection
- 5+ years of system, network, and/or application security experience
- In depth understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts (TCP/IP, packet analysis,iptables, etc)
- Penetration testing and vulnerability analysis experience
- Strong communication skills to work with both other members of the security team and in collaborative efforts and projects involving other teams (product development, operations, networking, etc.)
- Experience with automating tasks in bash and one other scripting language (Python, Perl, etc)
- Working knowledge of git functionality and version control practices
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 incident response
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.