Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode is seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to execute on database strategies and take responsibility for database integrity, architecture, modeling, security, and performance tuning for our MySQL databases. This person will play a key role in managing and improving the health and stability of our MySQL instances. This person will will display proficiencies in MySQL administration as well as basic Linux administration in a 24x7 production environment.
You will report directly to Linode’s Chief Operations Officer and would regularly collaborate with Linode’s executive team as well as our team of system engineers. This role requires high level strategizing all the way down to daily implementation and maintenance. This role may include some non-traditional hours when necessary, including a rotating on-call schedule.
- Basic Database administration - install, configure, upgrade, and migrate existing databases
- Serve as an escalation point for any defined database issues regarding performance, security, and ongoing maintenance
- Automate various DBA tasks
- Optimization of database performance
- Devise and implement key constraints to ensure database integrity
- Work with Linode’s developers and system engineers to troubleshoot and optimize queries and performance bottlenecks for current and future products and services
- Assist in formalizing and updating database policies, procedures, and technical standards, including disaster recovery planning
- MySQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment.
- 3-6 years of database management/administration and performance tuning experience
- Strong proficiency with Linux with experience performing basic administrative tasks
- Experience implementing multi-master replication (Galera experience is a plus)
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub.
- Mastery of one or more of: Python, Ruby, Bash, or other scripting language
- Understanding of virtualization environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Familiarity with Percona toolkit
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.