Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
We’re seeking a Director of Information Security to build and lead a top notch security team. You will lead a team of security engineers who perform security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability and network testing, and perform research to build the type of secure environment our customers have come to expect. You’ll need to continuously be on the edge of your seat, making snap decisions and always thinking about what’s next; you’ll be a security visionary who can implement change at the blink of an eye. You will establish and enforce the policies and standards to run a security organization that is highly motivated and endlessly driven, and won’t settle for anything less than total success.
This role requires high level strategizing all the way down to daily implementation and maintenance, and would regularly collaborate with Linode’s executive team. You are a strategic thinker with a background in information security concepts who also has a good mix of technical knowledge and isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty alongside your team.
- Lead, mentor, and continue to build a team of top security engineers
- Collaborate with Linode’s leadership team, prioritizing tasks as necessary
- Perform security audits, identify issues, and develop mitigation plans that work at scale
- Stay abreast of security vulnerabilities and disclosures
- Form and continue relationships with outside security firms
- Implement automation of vulnerability scanning and detection
- Build and deploy automation for monitoring our infrastructure, application, and network.
- Develop and enforce security policies and best practices
- Create an incident response plan and become the point person for all threats against Linode infrastructure
- Mentor the entire Linode team on security best practices
- Live and breathe all things security and be an advocate for customer trust and privacy protection
- 8+ years of system, network, and/or application security experience
- Deep understanding of IT with an eclectic background of disciplines (Systems Administration, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts
- Experience in leading organizations through compliance requirements
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools
- Understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 incident response
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.