We are currently seeking a Linux Network Engineer who will collaborate with the team on the engineering, design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrades of the Linode network, helping us architect and scale for our future growth. You will become a key member of our networking team, responsible for keeping Linode's network as reliable and secure as possible.
- Perform basic engineering, design, implementation and maintenance tasks.
- Design and build data connectivity solutions to support Linode's growth worldwide.
- Assist with the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks.
- Assist with network related customer support tickets.
- Coordinate the installation of hardware such as routers, switches, fiber runs, etc.
- Write code to manage and monitor our network infrastfucture
- Maintain knowledge of existing equipment and vendors.
- Collect and analyze data network statistics.
- Develop relationships with vendors and investigate sources of equipment and services.
- Interface with regional Internet registries and manage allocation of Internet number resources.
- Remain informed of new developments and trends.
- Make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- This position participates in an on call rotation.
- Advanced knowledge of network operations.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco hardware and IOS.
- Advanced knowledge of servers, switches, routers, and various network services,
- Advanced knowledge of BGP
- CCNA certification or better is required.
- 5 years of network engineering experience is required.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise with Linux/UNIX, load balancing, firewalls, and traffic analysis.
- Programming experience is required.
- Professional problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills (English required, local dialects a plus).
- 2 years experience in a customer service oriented position preferred.
- Experience with software network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, ExaBGP, and HAProxy.
- Due to the 24x7 operations, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, perform on-call duties, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.