Linode's marketing team is responsible for educating prospective customers on the company's products and services while helping them with solutions to their challenges. Through content, email, advertising, and social media marketing, the team ensures our audiences understand what Linode offers and how it can help them solve problems.
To enhance our live event presence, we are seeking an ambitious and self-motivated event coordinator who will be an important contributor to our events team. This person will work closely with the team to develop and execute event plans for hackathons, meetups, conferences and other social and virtual events as necessary.
Planning and coordination includes all aspects of Linode’s events; from researching the relevancy of events and logistics planning to working with internal staff to coordinate attendees, book travel, and document the successes and opportunities for improvement after each event. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in marketing or similar work experience, have a background in the same or similar field and display a passion for technology, exhibit outstanding communications skills, and have a strong initiative to work independently.
Candidates must be available to work full-time at Linode’s Philadelphia, PA office and travel to events up to 25% of the time. Relocation assistance is available.
- Coordinate details for conferences, hackathons, meetups and other social and virtual events.
- Oversee travel arrangements including flights, hotel and car service.
- Oversee event timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Schedule speakers, vendors and participants as necessary.
- Research speakers, organizations, conferences and events for better brand awareness
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list for event attendees.
- Coordinate registration lists, presentations, and materials.
- Keep inventory of conference materials such as giveaways, marketing collateral, signage, etc.
- Assist in the development of social media content and event strategy
- Send out pre and post event communication to all event attendees and organizers.
- Travel to events to oversee set-up, breakdown and general working of the booth.
- BA or BS in Marketing, or other related business concentration.
- Minimum 2-4 years of related marketing and events experience.
- Highly organized.
- Extreme attention to detail and careful follow-through.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and web skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to exhibit efficiency, initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on varying simultaneous tasks in a timely manner while working independently.
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service – we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us – and themselves – at the top.