Linode is accelerating its growth and is solidifying a vision that will take efforts from multiple parties and disciplines to be fully realized. In order to do this, we need to better establish a foundation for product management and implement a new way of thinking for customer engagement. We need a leader that can affect change, cut through road blocks, and act with urgency so that we can get to market with the best product – first time right.
The Technical Product Manager will be the first full time resource within the product management function at Linode. As such, the person taking this role should be comfortable with change, pivoting, and delivering meaningful results while roadmaps/tasks/priorities are in an uncertain state.
Primary Job Functions
- Own the product roadmap and drive forward the strategy for a number of critical product offerings
- Champion the products, build consensus, and accelerate the changes
- Champion early adopter programs
- Chunk Linode’s customers up into various personas which can then be interviewed, monitored, and measured
- Align requirements with customer outcomes
- Partner with the technical project management team to effectively see through product related initiatives
- Stay up to date with change - peek around corners and always be thinking about what comes next
- 1-3 years of experience with Aha or other product management tools
- 3-5 years of experience working in or leading projects
- 3-5 years of experience with change acceleration
- 3-5 years of experience of leading by influence
- Baseline budget management experience
- Baseline vendor management experience
- Superior communication and inter-personal skills to work in a matrixed environment
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.