Linode is looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to help us build our public cloud!
Linode is looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to help us build public facing APIs used by customers like Dark Sky, The Onion and developers like you around the world. These systems are used to manage hundreds of thousands of Linodes running in our global datacenter network.
If that sounds exciting, then Linode may be the place for you.
Our work environment fosters innovative solutions, rapid development cycles and open communication. Because our core technologies are Linux-based, familiarity with Linux is a big plus.
We're a closely knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others
- Python 3, pip, virtualenv, setuptools
- Flask, SQLAlchemy, Django, mock, pytest, pylint
- Docker, Docker-Compose,, Vagrant , VirtualBox, VMWare
- bash, zsh, git, salt
- Apache, Nginx, gunicorn, uWSGI, FastCGI
- New Relic, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- HTTP, networking, system administration, linux fundamentals, web development, TDD
- 1+ years experience in software development
- Educated views on technology and software design to bring to the table
- Experience with automated testing
- A Love for Linux
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Contributions to open source projects as well as your own projects
- Systems Architecture and Design Skills
- API Design experience
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Build and Deployment Automation Experience
- Experience in a hosting environment or other IAAS or SAAS provider
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 600,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global data centers. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.