Linode is seeking passionate individuals to join its ever-growing Customer Support team. Our support team is the front-line of Linode’s cloud hosting platform, and is completely dedicated to providing the best support in our industry. When customers say what they love about Linode, “Customer Support” should be at the top of their list. We empower every member of our Customer Support team as not only an employee, but also a customer advocate. Simply possessing the knowledge to do the job isn’t enough; one needs to have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as an equally strong passion for customer service. At the end of the day, our number one goal is making our customers happy.
In this position, you will regularly collaborate with your support colleagues, as well as members of the development, operations, and networking teams. An ideal candidate is someone who can easily switch between independent and collaborative work throughout the day. This role is a regular 40 hour per week position located in our Philadelphia, PA office. Linode provides 24/7/365 support to our customers, which means candidates should be open to non-traditional shifts.
- Deliver solutions for our customers via support tickets, email, IRC, and phone
- Troubleshoot issues related to our Linux cloud hosting platform, product or service inquiries, billing, etc, and provide the best possible update to our customers every single time
- Identify and escalate recurring issues to system and network engineers, developers or other appropriate parties
- Handle abuse complaints including Terms of Service infringements, subpoenas, and malicious activity
- Become familiar with all Linode products and systems
- Come to work dedicated to making yourself and Linode better than the day before
- Must be within commuting distance to Philadelphia, PA (or able to relocate)
- Comfortable with navigating the Linux command line
- Familiarity with common Linux server applications such as Apache2, Nginx, Postfix, MySQL, BIND, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues, other networking issues (packet loss, connections timing out / refused)
- Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues, identifying problematic / misconfigured iptables rules
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues (using dig, etc.)
- 1-2+ years customer support experience (in a technical field preferably)
- 2+ years experience with Linux or related technology
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study or equivalent work experience
- Linux System Administration experience
- Network+, Linux Essentials, or similar/higher certification
- Familiarity with Linux kernel
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.