Linode is seeking passionate individuals to join its ever-growing Customer Support team at all experience levels. Linode support is the front-line of Linode’s cloud hosting platform, and is fully dedicated to providing the best support in our industry. When customers say what they love about Linode, “Customer Support” should be at the top of their list.
We are currently seeking entry level candidates to join our Customer Support team. In this position you will undergo a structured training process which will prepare you to take on the role of a Customer Support Specialist. If you have a proven history of strong customer service, excellent written and oral communication skills, and a basic understanding of computer troubleshooting, this role will suit you. As a part of the Customer Support team you will regularly collaborate with your support colleagues as well as members of the development, operations, and networking teams. An ideal candidate is someone who can easily switch between independent and collaborative work throughout the day. This position is ideally suited for individuals who have a passion for helping customers but lack the technical experience required for our Customer Support Specialist job, recent college graduates, or career changes trying to break into the tech industry.
This role is a regular 40 hour per week position located in our Philadelphia, PA office. Linode provides 24/7 / 365 support to our customers, which means candidates should be open to non-traditional shifts.
- Interact with Linode customers via support tickets and phone
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide accurate and timely responses
- Identify and escalate recurring or issues that transcend the responsibilities of this role
- Learn the Linode ticket and billing system
- Become familiar with all Linode products and systems
- Learn how Linode manages internal workflows through software such as Basecamp, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Increase your knowledge of Linux
- Increase your knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP
- Possess a strong passion for customer service
- Must display at least a elementary level understanding of computer troubleshooting; namely networking and Linux
- Experience troubleshooting technical topics, ideally in a service-related role
- Strong listening, speaking, reading comprehension and writing skills
- Must be within commuting distance to Philadelphia, PA (or able to relocate)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology discipline preferred
- 0-3 years related customer service and/or troubleshooting experience
- Rudimentary experience or exposure to the Linux command line
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.