Linode is seeking passionate individuals to join its ever-growing Customer Support team at all experience levels. Linode Support is the front-line of Linode’s cloud hosting platform, and is fully dedicated to providing the best support in our industry. When customers say what they love about Linode, “Customer Support” should be at the top of their list.
We are currently seeking a Customer Support Manager to advocate for our customers and our people, focusing strongly on the happiness of our customer base and successes and development of the members of the Customer Support team. Ideally, you will have a proven track record of leadership skills and developing employees, resulting in the improvement of individual members of the Customer Support team, as well as the team as a whole. You should be an excellent communicator with strong documentation abilities as well as attention to detail. Customer Support Managers are expected to contribute to Support through facilitation rather than direct intervention with the functional purpose of creating an environment in which our Support team can succeed through policy calibration, personnel development, and the research of new helpful tools and methods.
This role is a regular 40 hour per week position located in our Philadelphia, PA office.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruiting, Interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees for all Customer Support positions
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Record-keeping of important achievements, and other general interactions of significance with Customer Support team.
- Keeping track of, and quantifiably improving, customer happiness and Customer Support performance metrics
- Creating and maintaining recurring and weekly schedules, as well as identifying and scheduling training opportunities for Customer Support team, reviewing, and performing annual performance reviews and conducting regular check-in meetings with their direct reports.
- Participation in the continuous improvement and creation of policies, procedures, and processes as they relate to the Customer Support Team.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication, coordination, and collaboration with other departments.
- Expert knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong listening, speaking, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux and related technologies.
- Proven track record of leadership in an increasing capacity throughout your career.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 6+ years customer support experience in a technical field
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role in a technical field
Work With Us
- Great work/life balance: We know time off is important, so we start you with a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We'll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.