We are currently looking for a talented technical writer to join our marketing team. The technical writer will write and edit Linux software documentation while also acting as a peer editor for other writers on the team, as well as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) writing on Linode’s behalf through our bounty program. The technical writer will also participate in sourcing new creative content from community experts.
Experience writing and editing Linux software documentation is required. This position requires the ability to learn new subjects quickly and write accurate and detailed documentation about them. A candidate should have experience and a working knowledge of Linux, web servers, databases, CMS platforms, and other related topics.
This is a full-time position based out of our brand new headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
- Write new documentation and update current documentation in the Linode library.
- Identify topic gaps in the library and propose guides to fill those gaps.
- Work with other writers and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Edit and review content created by others for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Contribute to plans for creating new guides and edit existing documentation.
- Assist the Marketing Department in creating other collateral pieces like brochures, case studies, and white papers.
- Strong understanding of Linux..
- Working understanding of git and Github.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Basic understanding of markdown.
- 2+ years experience working as a technical writer.
- Outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Ability to write scripts in the programming language of your choice.
- Presence in the open source world. Contributions to open source projects as well as a portfolio of writing or code is a major plus.
- Familiarity with Linode’s services and documentation.
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. We thrive on empowering employees to create the environment they work in; we work hard and have fun doing it. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.