We're seeking a Manager of Infrastructure Architecture & Engineering to build and lead a top notch operations team. Linode’s System and Reliability Engineers work day in and day out to ensure that hundreds of thousands of users can seamlessly utilize their Linode service without a glitch.
As a technical leader, you lead a team of highly skilled individuals and are directly responsible for Linode’s critical internal infrastructure, guiding and directing your team, and enabling our engineers to deliver the best cloud hosting solution on the market. Although you have management experience, you are passionate about technology and are capable of performing the role of any engineer below you. As with anyone we hire, the ability to communicate and mesh with your team is crucial.
This role requires high level strategizing all the way down to daily implementation and maintenance. You are a strategic thinker with a background in DevOps, systems engineering, and infrastructure architecture concepts.
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn the others:
- Linux and Virtualization - Debian, KVM, and QEMU
- Orchestration - SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant
- Shell Scripting - Bash
- Version Control - Git, GitHub
- Hardware - Servers, switches, and infrastructure management solutions
The must haves:
- 10+ years experience in a DevOps, infrastructure, or IT leadership role
- Passion to mentor, grow, and lead strong IT teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Love for Linux
- Strong opinions on technology and software design to bring to the table
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in an agile organization
- Presence in the open-source world. Contributions to open source projects as well as your own portfolio to show off a huge plus
- Experience in a hosting environment or other cloud-based IAAS or SAAS
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global data centers. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.