Why you should join us:
- Our mission is to help children (aged 2-6 years) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively through the world's best teachers. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with speaking English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
- Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are real team players - making sure that we only celebrate success when the team succeed. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team.
- Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using us for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
- Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
- Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there:
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
We're now looking for our first Product Marketing Manager to help us scale as we launch new products and courses into existing and new markets. This will take us to the next level in our marketing and help to raise our profile to families worldwide. This role is suited to a self-starter with product marketing experience in an organisation which is growing internationally, excited to start a new function in a fast-growing startup.
Here's what you'll be doing:
The core responsibilities of the role will be to:
- You will be responsible for the creation of our compelling story and execution of end-to-end marketing campaigns to position our courses as solutions to families around the world, both globally and in market.
- You will put together our company-level and product-level messaging and help:
- Implement our go-to-market strategy for current and future product lines
- Equip the customer-facing teams with resources to help them effectively engage with the customers, including content, guidance, training and information
- The Product team work through the product cycle to help create our communication strategies for our app and website
- Us to understand our user needs and experiences via research, to help shape our future product offer and how we tailor our messaging to our customers
- Develop and publish a wide range of product-related marketing material from writing blog posts, videos, case studies and other collateral conveying to our customers the benefits of our products
- Analyse and report marketing KPIs to track impact, optimize and improve our positioning in our chosen markets
Here's what you must be/have:
- Experience as a product marketer in an international environment
- A solid understanding of product marketing, inbound marketing and content marketing
- Experience working with product squads in a customer-led company to communicate the product benefits to customers in our marketing material
- A thorough understanding of product process, especially comfortable with a continuous discovery mentality
- A solid knowledge of marketing analytics, automation and content creation tools
- Self starter - as this is a new position in a new team, you must be hands on, with a ‘get things done’ mindset
The benefits of working for Lingumi:
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- We ask you to be located near enough to one of our Hubs so you can attend key team meetings and events (where safe to do so), but we embrace remote work and working from home, and we have done for many years. Lingumi hasn't had to react to COVID-19 working conditions so you'll have a smooth experience whether in the office or not. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members spend their less less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a £50 per month 'health budget' to help subsidise gym memberships, classes, mental health applications or similar paid services (e.g. Calm, Headspace, etc.)
- We offer a £1000 per year budget on Learning & Development specifically for courses, coaches, books, or mentoring related to your career growth
- We provide you with all the home office equipment you need to be productive at home
Please submit your portfolio with your application
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.