Please note that this role is a full-time 6-month fixed-term employee, with the opportunity to transfer to permanent.
Why you should join Lingumi
Our mission is to help children (2-6) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively, from the world's best teachers. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with speaking English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using Lingumi for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground-breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
We need exceptional digital product designers to help us achieve our mission. As a Product Designer at Lingumi you’ll be crucial in helping us properly understand the real problems we need to solve for our young and old(er) users, and then use your product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to develop world-class solutions with your team.
What you'll be doing
- Designing big digital growth ideas for our product, as well as exploring the best practice UX patterns found in Chinese digital products to help our users in China make the most of Lingumi
- A strong focus on our users, developing a deep understanding of their needs through research, data, and your own prototype testing
- Own the design ideation, working in partnership with your product and engineering peers to develop quick concepts through to shipped features
- Learning fast through experimentation, prototyping, and iteration with your team and our users
- Enhance the user journeys you create with strong creative UI design, animation, and visual story-telling, and knowing how/when to use stylistic changes to address our different audiences of young learners and their parents
- You’ll be working closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver valuable solutions to our international audiences
Here's what you must be/have
- A portfolio demonstrating world-class digital product design solving real human problems. You’ll be able to talk through in detail about why choices were made, what didn’t make the cut, how you tested your ideas, and what impact your design had once it was shipped
- You are obsessed about starting your design process with the users’ needs
- You can demonstrate strategic thinking that has delivered user-focused results in an international digital product environment
- You should be excited about learning fast by doing. You can show examples of how you have quickly taken your hypotheses to users in order to learn, iterate, and then ship the most valuable proven solutions
- You are pragmatic, and will iterate upon concepts with your team members as you receive feedback from users and domain experts
- You are confident enough to communicate your ideas to your team in a way that inspires them to do your best work together
- You are familiar with the Chinese internet, and are using some of the popular Chinese apps
- You are bi-lingual, with either Traditional or Simplified Chinese along with excellent spoken English
The benefits of working for Lingumi
- Company laptop
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- We offer a £50 per month 'health budget' to help subsidise gym memberships, classes, mental health applications or similar paid services (e.g. Calm, Headspace, etc.)
- We offer a £1000 per year budget on Learning & Development specifically for courses, coaches, books or mentoring related to your career growth
- We provide you with the budget for home office equipment you need to be productive at home
- More than the free coffee in the office, we're driven by the joy of making a visible impact – every day we see videos and learning outcomes from families around the world whose lives your work will be directly changing for the better
- Flexible team and strong culture – we focus on getting stuff done over 'bums on seats', respect autonomous working time and focus, and have a diverse range of backgrounds and nationalities in our global team
- Offices in London, Cardiff, Singapore, and Shenzhen, with plenty of opportunity to travel, see the rest of the team, and meet Lingumi families!
- We work hard, but our hours are flexible – we have parents in the team, and people in 4 time zones, with a strong focus on asynchronous communication that we love
Salary Range: SGD 60,000 - SGD 72,000/annual, depending on interview feedback, experience, and your role.
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.