Why you should join us:
Our mission is to provide the world's best teaching experience to pre-school children all around the world through technology. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with spoken English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using us for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including North Summit Capital, Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment, and Dr Min Wanli, former Chief Data Scientist of Alibaba.
Read more: https://lingumi.com/careers
How we get there:
- We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for an empathetic, process-driven Customer Success Team Lead to take our Customer Success function to the next level. This role is crucial to scaling up our ability to provide outstanding customer support to a growing number of Lingumi Families. This is an unrivalled opportunity to leave your mark on our growth efforts at Lingumi. This role is ideal for a relationship-driven people person: you'll be managing a multicultural group of Customer Success Agents and helping them to thrive at Lingumi, whilst also collaborating with colleagues around the business to ensure our customers come first. It's a varied, fun role so you'll need to thrive on juggling multiple ball and getting stuff done.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Managing our multicultural, multilingual Customer Success Team in Europe so they thrive in their roles.
- Creating and implementing Customer Success processes
- Advocating for our customers across the business
- Working with regional Customer Success Managers to ensure company-wide collaboration and alignment
- Keeping up to date with Customer Success trends and tools and ensuring we're staying ahead of the game
- Collaborating with Product and Marketing to optimise our customer-facing communication
Here's what you must be/have:
- 2+ years managing a growing customer service team
- Demonstrable experience implementing and scaling customer support processes and workflows to serve a rapidly growing customer base
- Customer-facing experience and a clear understanding of how to deliver exceptional customer service
- An empathetic leader, who is able to build strong relationships in a multicultural and remote setting: It is important the team feels heard across the business so we're able to keep our customers at the top of our growth agenda. You should be motivated by your team's success and happiness.
- A creative thinker: You will need to have creative solutions towards keeping the customer success team motivated and implementing processes in a high-growth international startup.
- A global mindset: You thrive in multicultural and multilingual environments. It is important you have an understanding of the challenges and benefits to working with colleagues from different backgrounds. Yo should also feel excited at the challenge of working with customers from across the world.
- The ability to get stuff done: A lot of heavy-lifting will be involved in implementing and updating new and current processes to meet the ever-changing demands of the business. You will need to be highly organised and unrelenting in your pursuit for structure for the team.
- A customer-centric attitude: You are endlessly curious about our customers and regularly seek out opportunities to learn more about their needs. You are passionate about delivering delightful customer experiences and should inspire others to do the same. You are constantly researching what makes a brilliant customer experience and are driven to create even better experiences for Lingumi families.
- Positivity: You will smile in the face of challenges (and then run towards them).
- Collaborative working: You are skilled at collaborating with other business functions to ensure the customer's voice is always present in the room.
Salary and Equity for this role:
- We will be offering 38-45k with equity, depending on interview feedback and experience.
The benefits of working for Lingumi:
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- We ask you to be located near enough to one of our Hubs so you can attend key team meetings and events (where safe to do so), but we embrace remote work and working from home, and we have done for many years. Lingumi hasn't had to react to COVID-19 working conditions so you'll have a smooth experience whether in the office or not. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members spend their less less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a £50 per month 'health budget' to help subsidise gym memberships, classes, mental health applications or similar paid services (e.g. Calm, Headspace, etc.)
- We offer a £1000 per year budget on Learning & Development specifically for courses, coaches, books, or mentoring related to your career growth
- We provide you with all the home office equipment you need to be productive at home
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.