Title: People Operations Associate (London) - Building for the next 500M young learners
Why you should join us:
Our mission is to provide the world's best teaching experience to pre-school children all around the world through technology. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with spoken English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using us for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including North Summit Capital, Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment, and Dr Min Wanli, former Chief Data Scientist of Alibaba.
Read more: https://lingumi.com/careers
How we get there:
- We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
- We're now looking to expand our People team and are looking to hire a People Operations Associate to help us with all UK People and Operational matters. They will be reporting directly into our Head of People, and working alongside her to implement our People strategy. This role is tailored for a generalist who has a few years experience in either an HR or People Operations role, and would like to be hands on in a growing startup.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Company operations:
- Working with our Head of People to ensure the UK business is running effectively on a day-to-day basis
- Working with our Head of People to create & implement our competency, performance, and career progression frameworks
- Overseeing and managing all UK office operations (London and Cardiff Hubs)
- Being the go to person for our UK people when it comes to onboarding and assisting with our company-wide tools (including Notion, G-Suite, CharlieHR and Xero)
- Developing our onboarding experience to be the best in the world for all new UK team members
- Helping our internal recruiter(s) with interview arrangements and coordination
- Being the go-to person for any 'People' needs our UK employees may have
- Organising UK networking events, conferences, and talks for our leaders to speak at
- Organising monthly meet-ups, activities, and socials for our UK employees to boost employee happiness
- Helping Lingumi become the world's best place to work and conducting the operational work required for that to be true!
Here's what you must be/have:
- You have 1-3 years experience doing UK People and/or Operations in a fast-growing startup
- You have an outstanding eye for detail and are strong at task management
- You are an analytical problem-solver who loves a challenge
- You are a great communicator, and can write accurately and confidently
- You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and be involved in many different pieces of work
- You are a team player, a natural generalist, and eager to learn about and get stuck into every aspect of the business
Salary and Equity for this role:
- We will offering £30,000 to £40,000 with equity, depending on interview feedback, experience, and your role.
The benefits of working for Lingumi:
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be located near enough to one of our Hubs so you can attend key team meetings and events (where safe to do so), but we embrace remote work and working from home, and we have done for many years. Lingumi hasn't had to react to COVID-19 working conditions so you'll have a smooth experience whether in the office or not. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members spend their less less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a £50 per month 'health budget' to help subsidise gym memberships, classes, mental health applications or similar paid services (e.g. Calm, Headspace, etc.)
- We offer a £1000 per year budget on Learning & Development specifically for courses, coaches, books, or mentoring related to your career growth
- We provide you with all the home office equipment you need to be productive at home
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm!)
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.