Why you should join us:
Our mission is to provide the world's best teaching experience to pre-school children all around the world through technology. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with spoken English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using us for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including North Summit Capital, Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment, and Dr Min Wanli, former Chief Data Scientist of Alibaba.
How we get there:
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
We're now looking for a Finance & Business Operations Associate to help accelerate and support the growth of our business. You'll work with the CEO, COO and functional leaders to ensure the company is operating efficiently and under robust financial controls. You’re someone with a demonstrated analytical and financial acumen and have the ability to collect, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy. You can manage and prioritize your workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and always look to create tools to improve efficiency and automation. Above all, you have high integrity, a curious mind and love drilling down into the details. This will be a challenging role, with massive scope, but lots of room for growth.
This role could grow into:
- Head of Finance and Operations
Here's what you'll be doing:
You’ll be involved in all elements of Finance & Business Operations to support the business as it scales, including but not limited to:
- Manage the build-up of scalable infrastructure with robust systems and processes
- Coordinate the team of internal and external individuals that generates, maintains and automates financial and operational reporting
- Help develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Oversee day-to-day finance and business operations in our London office and subsidiaries
- Be the main point of contact for external firms such as auditors, HRMC and banks
- Proactively manage all risks to the business
- Act as a key catalyst for enabling intelligent, data-driven decision making by management and functional leaders
- You'll become the critical enabler of efficiency and scale, empowering the business to grow through the efficiency, accuracy of insight, and visibility of data that you'll bring to the team.
Here's what you must be/have:
- 2+ years' experience in accounting, banking or a high-growth startup working on finance and operations
- Detail-oriented: you have an outstanding eye for detail and task management
- Tech-savvy: you know how to make things happen faster, cleaner, or better using technology to enable that, whether it's linking pieces of cloud software together with integrations, writing sophisticated lookups, or playing around with our data dashboards to produce better insights
- Highly numerate: you feel comfortable handling large amounts of data and thrive inside the financial spreadsheets
- Problem solver: you’re analytical and love solving complex problems
- Multi-tasker: you can handle a complex range of tasks, prioritizing and over-communicating to get things done
The benefits of working for Lingumi:
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be in your Hub for the majority of the working week. You can spend some of the week working from the comfort of your home, or even in your favourite coffee shops. If you do decide to work outside of your hub, be sure to book this on CharlieHR. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members spend use less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut.
- We offer a Productivity and Wellness budget (£100pm) to use on growth and wellness. We typically use this for gym memberships, books or courses. Feel free to use it to sign up to one of these - if you want to double check the expenditure, ask Adit.
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm!)
£45,000 - £55,000/annual with equity, depending on interview feedback, experience, and your role.
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.