*This role is a full-time fixed-term contract role, with the opportunity to transfer to permanent.
Our mission is to help children (2-6) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively, from the world's best teachers. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with speaking English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using Lingumi for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground-breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
Lingumi is rapidly growing and we are excited to share that we are looking for a talented and keen community marketer to join our team. We’re looking for a Community and Operation Assistant to grow and manage all communities across different channels in Taiwan. This role is suited for someone who sees themselves as a future leader - looking to be understanding and supportive as much as possible to be the frontline of Lingumi and build a strong relationship with the users.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Working with Taiwan Growth, Product, and Customer Success Team to engage and share product updates with users on a daily basis
- Drive user growth through communities, including Facebook, Lingumi Blogs, Email, LINE, Instagram, and Youtube
- Building and maintaining the relationship between users, KOL, and parents in Taiwan
- Supporting the operations work in Taiwan: deliveries, invoices, community events, local business outreach etc.
Here's what you must be/have
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- You have experience in community management or customer support
- You are passionate about kids and Lingumi, and has a heart of patience, friendliness, and supportive
- Operations experience
- Basic design and copywriting skills
Nice to have
- If you are a teacher, mother, or a person with education degree or background!
- Sales experience
- Familiar with startup environment
The benefits of working for Lingumi
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be in your Hub for the majority of the working week. You can spend some of the week working from the comfort of your home, or even in your favourite coffee shops. If you do decide to work outside of your hub, be sure to book this on internal system. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members use less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a Productivity and Wellness budget (£100pm) to use on growth and wellness
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm)
Salary Range: TWD 35,000-45,000/month, this role is a full-time fixed-term contract, with the opportunity to transfer to permanent.
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.
*No agencies please