We're looking for an inspiring teacher to join Lingumi. You'll use your passion and experience for teaching to help transform how children around the world learn to read and write, using technology. This role will change your life, and the lives of millions of children around the world.
Our mission is to help children (2-6) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively, from the world's best teachers, through our app. We aim to use technology and clever games to help teach even more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible. You'll be joining us as our next teacher, taking a critical role in helping us build the world's best teaching experience for pre-school children.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using Lingumi for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground-breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan.
We are rapidly growing and we need exceptional teachers to help us achieve our mission. As a Preschool Teacher at Lingumi you will be bringing your teaching abilities to hundreds of thousands of kids worldwide.
Here’s a bit about your future classroom at Lingumi:
- You'll be working with the Lingumi team, and drawing on your teaching experience, to build the world's best early reading & writing course for kids!
- Hundreds of thousands of kids over the world will take your course, with families from China, Taiwan, Italy, Germany, and more
- Though separated by a screen, students will care about you. They will learn your name and fall in love with you as one of the first teachers in their life.
- You'll be able to travel the world to meet your learners and run live sessions with them!
- We'll give you a great salary and pension contributions, holiday time, company shares, and a shiny new laptop so you can achieve financial security while doing what you love!
Here's what you'll be doing
- Designing a new course that helps kids learn to read/write using the Lingumi Platform. Plan the curriculum, record instructional videos, test with real kids, and empower the next generation of young learners through your charisma and skill!
- Working with the Product team to develop new tools for teaching reading/writing at scale and new techniques for delivering personalised learning experiences through the Lingumi Platform
- Engaging with parents from around the world in our online parent communities
- Honing your personal style as a teacher and serving as an advocate for the power of preschool education in the community
A bit about you
- You understand the magic of being in a classroom and are committed to using technology to bring that experience to children around the world at an affordable price.
- Preschoolers can’t take their eyes off you. Your energy is contagious. Parents who don’t understand a word you’re saying can see the impact you are having on their children, and instinctively know that they’re in safe hands.
- You need to have a British English accent - for this course, you'll be teaching reading and phonics in a British accent (...there are lots British accents, we know! 🙂)
- You love to experiment. You know that there are tried-and-tested techniques but also believe that fundamentally new ways of teaching are possible.
- You are passionate about establishing connections with your students and their families. You are skilled at providing support.
- You are honest. You know that building amazing classroom experiences in an app is going to be tough and you are committed to holding everyone on the team accountable to make sure we live up to our mission.
- You have at least 1 year of experience teaching young children, and ideally have one or more of:
- Experience in teaching young children English as a second language
- Experience in teaching young children reading/writing/phonics/literacy
- A PGCE or a BA/MA degree in education/applied linguistics/cognitive science/related discipline
- ...or a Level 4/5+ qualification in Early Years Education
- You might have experience in theatre, performance, public speaking, television
The benefits of working for Lingumi
- More than the free coffee in the office, we're driven by the joy of making a visible impact – every day we see videos and learning outcomes from families around the world whose lives your work will be directly changing for the better
- Flexible team and strong culture – we focus on getting stuff done over 'bums on seats', respect autonomous working time and focus, and have a diverse range of backgrounds and nationalities in our global team, with a flexible work from home policy
- Offices in London, Cardiff, Singapore, and Shenzhen, with plenty of opportunity to travel, see the rest of the team, and meet Lingumi families!
- A great package including stock options that give you meaningful ownership of the company along with a productivity budget, travel budget and pension scheme
- We work hard, but our hours are flexible – we have parents in the team, and people in 4 time zones, with a strong focus on asynchronous communication that we love
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.
Salary Range: £30,000 - 40,000/annual with shares in the company and a bonus scheme, depending on interview feedback and experience.
Location: London, UK
*No agencies please