Location: Singapore hub
Our mission is to help children (2-6) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively, from the world's best teachers. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with speaking English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using Lingumi for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground-breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
We are hiring our first QA Engineer, and are looking for a talented, creative, and ambitious individual to join us. This role is suited for someone who wants to take the next step and sees themselves as a future leader - this is the first QA role in the team providing ample growth opportunity and a chance to establish the QA culture and values within the company.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Ensuring the customer experience with our product is at the high standard we expect
- The opportunity to work for the toughest customers out there - children, who have zero tolerance for bugs and issues!
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of features, being able to create test cases and acceptance criteria according to the business and technical demands
- Owning our app release QA process, making sure that customers receive a high quality stable experience every time
- Working closely with our Engineers to architect and build out our automated testing capabilities.
- Manage our bug backlog - working with our Customer Support team to understand the impact and be able to advise on priority
- Lead our device testing strategy - making sure we have awareness of device specific issues, understanding the performance of our product on both low end and high end devices, and how changes (such as future OS updates) will affect us
Here's what you must be/have
- Highly accountable and keen to take ownership
- Consistently growing and focused on self improvement
- Experienced with automated mobile testing tools and strategies
- Experienced working alongside developers to leverage automated testing frameworks
- Someone who is willing to work with whatever technologies help us achieve our mission
- Have strong analytical skills, be an excellent communicator, and be able to think critically
- 3+ years professional experience as a QA Engineering or Engineer in Test
- Singapore citizen or PR
Here's what we build in
- Our mobile app is written in React Native, which also makes use of Unity components and native iOS/Android components
- Our backend services run on AWS and AWS China using Node.JS on Lambda, Api Gateway, DynamoDB and S3 with Cloudfront. We will also be exploring how we can use Alicloud to support our expansion in China
- We use Github to host our code and we use CircleCI for automated testing and builds
The benefits of working for Lingumi
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be in your Hub for the majority of the working week. You can spend some of the week working from the comfort of your home, or even in your favourite coffee shops. If you do decide to work outside of your hub, be sure to book this on internal system. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members use less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a Productivity and Wellness budget (£100pm) to use on growth and wellness
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm)
Salary Range: SGD 60,000 - SGD 90,000/annual with equity 0.05-0.2%, depending on interview feedback, experience, and your role.
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.