*This role is a full-time fixed-term maternity leave contract, with the opportunity to transfer to permanent.
Location: London Hub or Cardiff Hub, UK
Our mission is to help children (2-6) all around the world learn critical skills, affordably and effectively, from the world's best teachers. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with speaking English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using Lingumi for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground-breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment and the British Council in China.
How we get there
We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. However, our target is to teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025, so we're only just beginning!
We need exceptional digital product designers to help us achieve our mission. As a Product Designer at Lingumi you’ll be crucial in helping us properly understand the real problems we need to solve for our young and old(er) users, and then use your product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to develop world-class solutions with your team.
Here's what you'll be doing
- You’ll be working closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver valuable solutions to our international audiences
- Focus on our users, developing a deep understanding of their needs through research, data, and your own prototype testing
- Own the design ideation, working in partnership with your product and engineering peers to develop quick concepts through to shipped features
- Learning fast through experimentation, prototyping, and iteration with your team and our users
- Enhance the user journeys you create with strong creative UI design, animation, and visual story-telling, and knowing how/when to use stylistic changes to address our different audiences of young learners and their parents
Here's what you must be/have
- A portfolio demonstrating world-class digital product design solving real human problems. You’ll be able to talk through in detail about why choices were made, what didn’t make the cut, how you tested your ideas, and what impact your design had once it was shipped
- You are obsessed about starting your design process with the users’ needs
- You can demonstrate strategic thinking that has delivered user-focused results in an international digital product environment
- You should be excited about learning fast by doing. You can show examples of how you have quickly taken your hypotheses to users in order to learn, iterate, and then ship the most valuable proven solutions
- You are pragmatic, and will iterate upon concepts with your team members as you receive feedback from users and domain experts
- You are confident enough to communicate your ideas to your team in a way that inspires them to do your best work together
The benefits of working for Lingumi
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be in your Hub for the majority of the working week. You can spend some of the week working from the comfort of your home, or even in your favourite coffee shops. If you do decide to work outside of your hub, be sure to book this on internal system. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members use less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut
- We offer a Productivity and Wellness budget (£100pm) to use on growth and wellness
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm)
Salary Range: £30,000 - £40,000/annual, depending on interview feedback, experience, and your role.
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.
*No agencies please