About Lingo Live
Lingo Live offers language and communication training for the tech leaders of the 21st century. Our clients are leading innovators such as Microsoft, Eventbrite, Zillow, Dell, LinkedIn, and Slack. We believe that the best work happens when humans are both empowered to share their ideas and invested in listening to others. We think that tech companies, and all communities, benefit from a variety of perspectives and life experiences.
A typical Lingo Live learner is a high-performing tech professional in software engineering, UI/UX design, management, marketing, or sales who either works in their nonnative language, usually English, or is a native English speaker seeking to improve their communication skills. The majority are intermediate or advanced speakers. Our learners are both highly specialized and highly driven. Lingo Live also has six other supplemental language programs: Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese.
Become a Coach
Coaches are strong advocates for diversity, inclusion, and belonging and see these as non-negotiable pillars of building a better world. Our coaching professionals are contracted to deliver 45-minute 1 on 1 lessons via video conference and deliver written feedback during a 15-minute feedback window after the lesson. Payment is on a per lesson and per written feedback basis. Lesson/feedback rates are discussed upon acceptance for platform registration.
In order to register and be approved to provide your professional coaching services on our platform, Language and Communication Coaches must demonstrate the following:
- A proven history of impact in teaching, coaching, or management (Associated higher education/certifications or 5+ years career experience),
- An articulate and curated approach to goal-setting and progress-tracking,
- An established skillset in designing situated, task-based learning experiences for their clients,
- Practice applying language and communication concepts to workplace performance, growth, and excellence.
Why register as a coach with Lingo Live?
- Earn supplemental income doing meaningful work
- Maintain and manage your own learner base and lesson schedule
- Work with learners from a pool of globally respected and elite enterprise clients sourced by and provided to you by Lingo Live
- Build long-lasting relationships with driven and motivated learners
- Gain access to our resource database with over500+ lesson plans and resources
- Enjoy full autonomy and creative control over your lessons
- Join our vibrant Slack community and build your professional coaching network
Equipment and Technical Requirements
- Device: Laptop or desktop computer, Mac or PC
- Camera: HD External camera or HD integrated camera
- Headset: Headset or earbud headphones with a microphone and stable output and input
- Lighting: Natural light or bright environment to ensure your face is well-lit
- Operating System: Windows7, Windows8, Windows10, MAC OS 10.8x
- Browser: Google Chrome (most recent version)
- Broadband/high-speed internet: At least 3Mbps (standard Cable or DSL connection should work just fine - no dial up)
- Memory: At least 4GB RAM
- CPU: Intel Core i3 above CPU
- Flash Version: Download Latest Version
- Zoom Desktop Client: Download Latest Version
If accepted for registration on the Lingo Live platform, the coach and Lingo Live will enter into an Independent Contractor Agreement. Coaching opportunities on the Lingo Live platform are intended for independent business owners and freelance professionals who have an established presence as a teacher or coach independently of Lingo Live. Contractors providing coaching services via the Lingo Live platform set their own availability and manage their own schedules. Learners can browse coach profiles and schedule directly at the coach’s indicated available times, or make a request to work with a coach outside of the available times listed, to which the coach can accept or decline the lesson. Contractors can expect the size of their client base and quantity of services provided to correlate directly with their open availability, learner demand for their specific skills or expertise as represented on their coach profile, as well as their entrepreneurial efforts to build and maintain ongoing relationships with their clients (e.g. encouraging learners to become a regular client and commit to a fixed lesson schedule). Coaches are not employees of Lingo Live, and as such are responsible for compliance with their local and federal tax and business laws as self-employed or independent business owners.
Interested in being listed as a coach on our platform? Register today!