Company and Learner Profile

Lingo Live offers language training for the tech leaders of the 21st century through customized lessons that align an individual’s language learning needs with their career aspirations. Our customers are leading innovators such as Google, Heineken, NBC, Twitter, Dropbox, and BuzzFeed. Their employees LOVE Lingo Live and say things like "You are transforming education," "My Lingo Live lessons have been the best language learning experience I have ever had," and "My coach is one of my best friends!" 95% of Lingo Live learners would recommend us to their friends or colleagues and companies love us because we save them millions of dollars in lost productivity and help them grow internationally in today's global economy.

A typical Lingo Live learner is a high-performing tech professional in software engineering, UI/UX design, management, marketing, or sales who works in their nonnative language, usually English.  The majority are intermediate or advanced speakers.  They elect to participate in language lessons as one of their employee benefits.  In turn, our learners are both highly specialized and highly driven.  Lingo Live also has six other language programs:  Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese.

Our Coaches:  What makes them successful and why do they choose to stay with us?

Our coaches are driven, self-sufficient, flexible, honest, enthusiastic, personable, and empathetic.  They are motivated to try new methods or approaches and see challenges as an opportunity for growth.  They enjoy creative autonomy in the classroom, where they and their learners are co-authors of the learning journey.  

Coaches report four top contributors to their job satisfaction: flexible hours, helping people and changing lives, working for a human-centered company, and remote work location.  92.3% of our coaches say they are satisfied with the respect and fairness of treatment at Lingo Live, echoing sentiments such as “I appreciate that Lingo Live is continually striving to make our community the best it can be - quality for our learners and satisfaction for us coaches.”

Responsibilities

• Host 45-minute 1 on 1 sessions via video conference with regular learners, followed by a 15-minute window for written feedback.
  • Plan a personalized curriculum for each learner following a task-based approach
  • Design or creatively adapt resources to actively engage your learners in the virtual classroom
  • Hold learners accountable to their learning goals, roadmap future areas for improvement, and clearly demonstrate where and how they’re making progress

Qualifications

• Experience as a language coach, business coach, communication coach, or life coach.
  • Familiarity coaching online and using online tools (e.g. materials sharing, videoconference)
  • Expertise in one or more of the following areas:  Pronunciation, Public Speaking, Critical Discussions, Writing, Comprehension, Leadership,  Management, Interpersonal Skills, Culture, etc.
  • Professional or personal experience beyond coaching that applies to our specific client niche

Payment

• $15 - $17 hourly (45-minute session, 15-minute written feedback window)
  • As a 1 on 1 coach, you will also be considered for mini-course coaching
  • Other paid opportunities include but are not limited to marketing efforts, pilot programs, material design, and professional development workshops.
Apply for this Job
* Required
File   X
File   X

Share this job: