Founded in 2014, Lingo Live is the foremost skill-based communication and leadership coaching company that supports global talent in contributing their unique potential and gaining the confidence they need to share their opinions openly, build trust, and communicate across teams. Learn more about our two impactful product offerings at www.lingolive.com.
As Lingo Live’s fully-dedicated VP, Product, you’ll be responsible for taking a profitable business, and finding new ways to tap into our potential. You’ll grow product development opportunities through close partnership with customer success, coaching, marketing, sales and our executive team. You’ll have support from a wide range of peers AND you’ll autonomously find innovative ways (balancing “scrappy” and sustainable) to leverage these partnerships to open creative opportunities for the business. You will create, implement and continuously optimize a data-driven strategy that will lead to some of the most exciting and transformative products for Lingo Live!
You’ll be both an influencer and a builder, as well as a leader that others will seek out for expertise in this critical area. As a strategic leader, the most senior product leader will leverage data in decision making and ultimately drive growth. You’re a values driven leader who enjoys solving problems, rapidly adapts to change, and thoughtfully shares your progress and ideas with the team. You have a sense of urgency with everything you do without compromising quality and detail. You’re deeply empathetic, yet pragmatic, and committed to the equitable treatment of all people everywhere.
In this role, you will align closely with the executive team and coach cross-functional teams through the process of planning their work, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful customer experiences, furthering their development and supporting autonomous decision-making and an ownership culture. You will also partner with the Senior Product Manager leading engineering to develop, implement, and maintain products that ensure innovation and consistency across products and platforms.
Lingo Live is global (as are our customers) and fully remote. Work from wherever you call home.
Where You Come In
- Partner with the Executive Team and other key stakeholders to create and communicate a compelling long-term product strategy and vision, founded in customer insights, and own the product roadmap that executes on that vision.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership Team, working alongside the Executive Team to define the overall vision and direction of the organization that enables Lingo Live to grow and deliver impact to learners and clients around the world.
- As the head of the Product Team, you will contribute significantly to overall product and organizational strategy. In partnership with the Chief People and Coaching Officer, you will operationalize, codify, and scale the pedagogical vision of Lingo Live.
- Ownership of the product strategy and vision (with input from the Executive Team) which lays out our unique path for engaging learners and driving transformational experiences; working collaboratively across teams, ensuring periodic review and refresh of the vision and strategy based on new insights.
- Oversee the product development process from inception to product delivery. Partner with the Senior Product Manager to lead product planning and roadmapping to achieve desired business outcomes, balancing investment across our suite of offerings, global landscape, and customers.
- Know our customers and products inside and out. Inspire others to a similar depth of business and commercial acumen to use customer/product insights to guide product innovations.
- Make data-driven decisions by partnering closely with your counterparts in customer & learner success, engineering, sales, marketing and coaching to ensure that we're delivering exceptional experiences to our learners, customers and community of coaches that drive learning outcomes.
- Align your team’s focus with the overall OKRs and mission of Lingo Live
- Display a willingness to delve deep into the world of coaching to become a thoughtful partner in this space
- Mentor, motivate, and grow our world-class Product and Engineering team to deliver best-in-class offerings and customer support in service of rapid growth and accelerated learning outcomes. Responsible for coaching, career path development, and performance management of this critical function.
- Ensure transparency and alignment across the company on product priorities.
What It Takes To Succeed
- 7-10+ years experience leading Product (and Engineering) Teams with strategy ownership
- Established Product Visionary - You have designed innovative and delightful products that actually ship on time and under budget. You have a portfolio which demonstrates your ability to deliver meaningful product experiences across multiple technologies, devices, and platforms, reducing complex tasks down to intuitive design solutions that meet real customer needs.
- You have a pragmatic and adaptable approach to strategy and design. You apply best practices, but are always on the lookout for new approaches to try; you know when to use established best practices and processes, and when to break the rules; you know when to diverge, do generative research, and explore options, and when to converge on a solution and quickly validate it. You also know when it’s time to break out your own tools and when to step back and provide guidance and support for others.
- Demonstrable experience influencing and developing high-performing teams - an inspiring leader, with and without direct reports
- Analytical excellence - You are data-obsessed and love to constantly experiment and optimize performance across channels to drive efficiency and effectiveness, providing superior visibility beyond your function.
- Default to collaboration - You possess strong communication and influence management skills. With a bias towards action, and a “no-silos” policy, you’re able to lead and align groups in a clear strategic direction even without ownership over all the components. You bring an objective approach to the table, including the willingness to let the data change the direction.
- You apply an approach that starts with a keen understanding of behavior and motivations, grounded in qualitative and quantitative user insights. You are curious about human behavior and adept at infusing empathy and insight into the process of product creation. You’ve aligned product teams by clearly defining the problem first, providing customer perspective and context to ensure that solutions meet the real customer need.
- You’re a compelling presenter with strong listening, persuasion, and facilitation skills. You work well with Executive Teams, Engineering, Marketing, CX and other stakeholders to understand business and technical challenges and opportunities, and communicate your vision and rationale effectively in the terminology they understand. You know when to adapt your design to external constraints and when to push back on them.
- You are as passionate about developing and supporting your team as you are about Product strategy and design. You’re dedicated to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, and don’t just welcome, but center, backgrounds and points of view that differ from yours. You balance being compassionate and critical-minded , which often means identifying and addressing issues, navigating sticky conversations, pushing outside your (and their) comfort zone, and being focused on seeking a better outcome.
- You are a strategic systems thinker who also has a strong love of design craftsmanship. You set high standards for yourself and others, and have a strong willingness to push boundaries when you know we can do better.
- Experience with UX/UI and familiarity with Ruby on Rails are a definite advantage
- Our Values not only resonate with you, they are present and centric to your career path