Lingo Live’s mission is to empower human beings to contribute their unique potential in the workplace. We connect today’s top talent 1:1 with personal coaches who help them improve their leadership, communication and language skills through confidential, online lessons. As a result, customers experience a positive impact on productivity, retention, and innovation across teams. We’re passionate about making this mission a reality for over a million people in the years to come.
We’re building a company that brings people together through meaningful human connections. We believe in continuing to foster this internally and externally, living up to our core values and delivering on our promise to our customers. That’s where you come in.
As our first VP of People & Coach Operations reporting to our CEO, you’ll take an active role in shaping our culture and putting a stamp on how we think and operate. You’ll advance and manage thoughtful, equitable, and people-first policies and programs that elevate our employee experience from start to finish. You’ll lead our coaching community of hundreds of independent contractors, recruiting the best talent around the world and evolving systems that support them in delivering results that matter most.
You’re ready to blaze a new trail in coaching. Modern coaching and leadership development are still in their early days, and you see an opportunity to make difference in this space. Your efforts will touch not only those within our (virtual) walls but amplify across the organizations we serve, reaching thousands of people who are counting on us now more than ever. To make sense of this new world. To find their authentic voice. To muster the courage to build a better future.
We hope you’ll join us on this journey.
The Impact You’ll Have:
- Act as a trusted partner at all levels. This includes coaching managers, owning people-related matters, and using your expertise to inform the evolution of our coaching and platform experience.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives across our team and community. In light of our mission of empowering human beings to contribute their unique potential at work, as well as our purpose of bringing the world closer together through meaningful human connections, we’re deeply motivated to build a culture where anyone feels they belong and can thrive, no matter their background.
- Represent our brand as a thought leader, joining sales calls, hosting webinars, and leading other initiatives that engage and add value to our HR community given your unique knowledge and recognition of our customers’ pain points.
- Develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, leadership development, career development, and succession planning.
- Take an active role in organizational design and talent strategy decisions.
- Own employee and coach recruiting and hiring, supporting hiring managers and leading the process for certain strategic positions. This includes continuing to ensure that we’re bringing on talented and diverse independent contractor coaches to deliver on our promise to customers.
- Manage coach operations, maintaining and evolving systems that onboard, support, and ensure the highest standards of performance across our coaching community.
- Evolve our compensation strategy and manage our benefits.
- Find opportunities to evolve and operationalize our culture and core values by collaborating with our CEO and others in the company.
- Identify and implement changes that move the company and team forward in a deliberate and intentional way.
You’re a Great Fit If:
- You have 15+ years of HR and people management experience, ideally building the people function at early-stage startups.
- You have strengths in organizational design, recruiting, hiring, and managing communities of independent contractors.
- You have expertise as a coach or HRBP and/or direct exposure to the leadership coaching space, ideally having managed a leadership development or coaching program within an organization.
- You have developed or improved people operations programs in a number of these areas: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, DEI, career development, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- You’re an executive keen to roll up your sleeves with tactical responsibilities while balancing your contributions as a strategic leader.
- You're based in the United States or Canada.
Traits We Value Most:
- You’re naturally curious and listen more than you speak, reading others and using a balance of your intuition and data to guide major decisions.
- You’re self-reflective and continuously learn and better yourself and those around you.
- You’re a team player who “rises by lifting others.”
- You understand the balance between growth and taking care of employees and can help us build the cadence for performance without burning employees out.
- You’re passionate about our mission and the opportunity to be a critical thought leader as our company continues to grow.
- You’re a strong advocate for diversity, inclusion, and belonging and see these as non-negotiable pillars of building a better world.
What We Believe:
We imagine a world where people everywhere have the tools to contribute their unique potential and succeed at any company regardless of their background. We believe truly impactful contributions can only come from human beings who feel connected to one another and have the skills and structure to make those contributions clearly, authentically, and confidently.
Founded in 2014, Lingo Live is the foremost skill-based communication and leadership coaching company that supports global talent in contributing their unique potential and gaining the confidence they need to share their opinions openly, build trust, and communicate across teams.
These employees meet with a live coach online and can customize the curriculum to fit their needs such as having difficult conversations, developing active listening skills, delivering an engaging and compelling presentation, constructing emails to sell ideas and influence outcomes, and making real-time contributions.
Our Remote-First Team:
We’re a globally distributed organization and have been remote-first for years. We’ve got 23 full-time employees and hundreds of independent-contract coaches supporting thousands of professionals across 27 countries. We’re trusted by global organizations such as Slack, Zillow Group, Eventbrite and Stripe.
Our core values guide how we show up for each other and our customers every day:
- Integrity: Lead with what you know is right
- Curiosity/Vulnerability: Embrace reality with an open mind
- Kindness: Rise by lifting others
- Perseverance: Grit matters more than talent
- Reliability: Underpromise, overdeliver
- “Whole Self”: No one is going to die
Come help us build a collaborative, inclusive, and growth-oriented culture, as evidenced by our 4.4 Glassdoor rating and Employee NPS of 53.
- Competitive Salary & Equity Stock Options.
- Health Benefits: 85% coverage on medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family. If you’re based in the United States, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the United States, we’ll give you a monthly stipend you can apply to local health coverage.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: You’ll be encouraged to take time off, including “recharge” days to prevent burnout and promote wellbeing.
- Unlimited Coaching On Our Platform: You’ll have full access to live sessions with some of the top communication and leadership coaches around the world. You can choose a language track and learn or improve your proficiency. Or you can choose a leadership track to hone your skills.
- Coaching For Loved Ones: Extend our coaching to anyone in your circle, up to 2 lessons per week at no cost and 20% off for other family and friends.
- Professional Development: We’ll invest in learning and development opportunities that make a difference to your career.
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks of paid leave for primary and 2 weeks for secondary caregivers.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.