Our team is looking for a full-time experienced software engineer to join our DUMBO NYC office and help deliver rich and reliable user experiences.
A little bit about our company:
- We have a fantastic product that is setting the standard for communication training in the modern workplace.
- The pain point we solve is simple: we help software engineers communicate more effectively with their peers
- Our platform is transforming their careers with a lesson satisfaction score greater than 97%
- Our customers include some of the most forward-thinking multinationals in the world, including LinkedIn, EventBrite, AutoMattic, and many others we can't name ;).
- We are a 43 person team with offices in New York and San Francisco and remote team members located around the world
The impact that you’ll have:
- Develop software to deliver a world class interactive coaching experience to learners all around the world
- Help evaluate and recommend technology and tools to build reliable systems
- Mentor other engineers on the team as well as be a source of knowledge across the entire engineering team
- Collaborate with the Product team to drive projects forward while maintaining quality
What we are looking for:
- You care about mentoring and teaching others while working towards a common goal
- You have experience working as part of a team
- You have a drive to continuously learn and better yourself and your abilities
- You have experience delivering maintainable, robust, and well-tested code
- You are experienced at working with legacy code and driving it towards specific refactoring goals
- You have experience working with Ruby on Rails or similar full-stack Rapid-Application-Development frameworks
- Bonus: experience and comfort pair programming with other engineers
What Lingo Live Offers You:
A great mission, strong culture, great people, a laid-back work environment, and all the kombucha and cold-brew you can drink! Some of the benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- A dedicated professional development budget
- Unlimited vacation time that you will actually be encouraged to use
- 12 Weeks of Parental leave for primary caregivers, 2 weeks for secondary
- A flexible remote and work from home policy
- 85% cost coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Commuter benefits program
- Free language and communication lessons for for any language we offer: currently English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Mandarin, and Japanese
- And more!
About Our Technology Stack
Lingo Live is built using Ruby-On-Rails coupled with React and Web Components for dynamic user experiences. We are also utilizing Twilio along with serverless pieces via Google Cloud to deliver our live video learning tool. And no, we don’t use Jira; we’ve become heavy adopters of Clubhouse.io.