LIneate is seeking a Solutions Architect to design scalable technical solutions for our clients’ problems.
We are a software development company that has been at the forefront of large-scale, high-performance web development for over a decade. We are based in the U.S. and Russia, with our main office located in Lower Manhattan.
Our client roster includes The New York Times, eBay, Shutterstock, AppNexus, The Boston Globe, adMarketplace, Etsy, OkCupid, SAP, Grubhub, and PlaceIQ.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience turning a broad spectrum of business problems into elegant technical solutions. This is a very senior technical position, but we are not committed to any one specific skill set. What we want instead is someone who can understand what it takes to build a highly scalable and bulletproof system, and can both teach and learn from our other architects.
- Design Solutions: Work with existing and prospective clients to understand their business & technical needs and propose creative and comprehensive solutions to their problems
- Dive into a project and identify its key components
- Quickly identify key areas for architectural improvement, especially in regard to building redundant and low-latency systems
- Have a full understanding of loosely coupled architecture paradigms and how to lead teams to deliver them iteratively
- Understand clients' business needs, transform them into a technical vision, and inspire and guide the delivery of this technical vision
- Oversee Solution Implementation, Delivery, and Deployment
- Be able to educate and lead local and remote teams to follow your vision
- Communicate clearly and effectively in an in-depth technical level and translate to business needs
- Communicate about the interesting technical problems you’ve solved to the global tech community
- A demonstrable hands-on programming background, with a deep understanding of the technologies you used, and the ability to back this knowledge when challenged
- 8+ years in software development, or a background that speaks for itself
- A proven track record of successfully translating business requirements into technical solutions
- A preference for Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience building solutions on NoSQL databases would be cool
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android) would be interesting, but is not required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working achieving results within globally distributed companies a plus