LIneate is seeking a Solutions Architect to design scalable technical solutions for our clients’ problems.
We are a software development company that has been at the forefront of large-scale, high-performance web development for over a decade. We are based in the U.S. and Russia, with our main office located in Lower Manhattan.
Our client roster includes eBay, Shutterstock, Conde Nast, NYU, AppNexus, The Boston Globe, adMarketplace, Etsy, SAP, Grubhub, Warner Music Group, and Visa Net.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience turning a broad spectrum of business problems into elegant technical solutions. This is a very senior technical position, but we are not committed to any one specific skill set. What we want instead is someone who can understand what it takes to build a highly scalable and bulletproof system, and can both teach and learn from our other architects.
- Design Solutions: Work with existing and prospective clients to understand their business & technical needs and propose creative and comprehensive solutions to their problems
- Dive into a project and identify its key components
- Quickly identify key areas for architectural improvement, especially in regard to building redundant and low-latency systems
- Have a full understanding of loosely coupled architecture paradigms and how to lead teams to deliver them iteratively
- Understand clients' business needs, transform them into a technical vision, and inspire and guide the delivery of this technical vision
- Validate Solution Implementation, Delivery, and Deployment
- Be able to educate and lead local and remote teams to follow your solution
- Communicate clearly and effectively in an in-depth technical level and translate to business needs
- Judge the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and make choices that fit the constraints of the project
- Adapt the technical vision and design according to business changes
- Connect to the global tech community by keeping abreast of current technologies and sharing how Lineate applies them to solving complex business problems
- A demonstrable hands-on programming background, with a deep understanding of the technologies you used, and the ability to back this knowledge when challenged
- 8+ years in software development, or a background that speaks for itself
- 5+ years of programming experience
- A proven track record of successfully translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Familiarity with a broad set of backend and frontend frameworks
- A preference for Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience building solutions on NoSQL databases would be cool
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering results within globally distributed companies a plus