Lineate, formerly Thumbtack Technology, is a tech company specializing in building data-driven, innovative platforms for marketing, advertising and media companies. With ten years of experience and an international team of over 200, our customer roster includes The New York Times, Boston Globe, Penton Media, AppNexus, eBay, Madison Logic, NYU, and PlaceIQ.
About the Role
Lineate is looking for a Financial Analyst with a focus on forecasting, planning and financial modeling who will help the company make decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of our annual goals. Partnering across departments with sales, product, finance, operations, and engineering, the Financial Analyst will analyze, project, and interpret financial results and metrics when compared against budgets and forecasts and provide data-driven insights that help define business strategy and enable innovation across the organization.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly reporting on Lineate’s financial performance including revenue, expenses, compensation, headcount and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Provide regular cash flow reports and identify trends. Suggest courses of action to remediate problems.
- Summarize results of analysis for monthly presentation to senior and executive management.
- Participate in preparation of various excel models, implementations of new softwares and systems
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology as well as compliance with GAAP principles while implementing COSO framework for internal controls
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 2-4 years of related business experience
- MS Excel/Google Sheet mastery required (with experience in building financial models, analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports)
- Ability to work independently and lead projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and technical accounting / finance skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Data visualization and demonstrated ability to use data to develop relevant insights and influence decision making
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills