AI Product Manager
Lineate has been building large scale data-driven products and platforms for over 15 years for customers like The New York Times, OKCupid, eBay, AppNexus, AdMarketplace, and Warner Music. Though we’ve utilized algorithmic machine learning techniques in our software, we are expanding to offer a full-fledged AI product line.
The AI Product Manager is a new role and the first of its kind at our company. You will have the opportunity to help chart our AI strategy by working with our stakeholders to define the problems we are solving with AI. You will design the specifications and data that AI programmers need to deploy AI products. To succeed you must become an expert in AI and in our business domain.
- Work with executives and business line stakeholders to define the problems to solve with AI. Help prioritize and rank the solutions, develop business cases.
- Corral and organize experts from business lines, data scientists, and engineers to create shared goals and specs for AI products.
- Perform gap analysis on existing data. Identify new data sources.
- Develop and manage training, validation, and test data sets.
- Help stakeholders productionize results of AI products.
- Develop AI product roadmaps and timelines.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years experience working on enterprise products as a lead developer, data scientist manager, or product manager. 10 years experience preferred.
- Experience defining and developing a new product or service.
- Experience bringing an AI product to market.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning about AI through your own initiatives through courses, books, or side projects.
- Basic statistics skills acquired through academic study (i.e. math, computer science, engineering, economics, physics) or comparable work experience.
Is this job for you?
- Could you and would you enjoy designing a Kaggle contest? Kaggle contests are similar to AI product specifications and a good example of the detail AI programmers need. Visit https://www.kaggle.com/ and review a few contests.
- Would you be able to…
- Work with executives and business stakeholders to define a contest goals?
- Communicate those goals to programmers?
- Develop the data sets?
- Evaluate results?
- Have you learned about AI on your own?
- You will have to become an expert in building and deploying AI products through self-study and on-the-job training. You will need to find these educational resources and work with your supervisor for training budget and time.
- Do you want direction on what you need to study?
- If so this job isn’t for you.
- Do you have experience working in dynamic environments (such as a startup)? Are you excited by ambiguous goals and changing requirements?
- We are a dynamic and growing company, we expect this person to be flexible and agile. While our business growth is stable, If you value predictability this is the wrong job for you.
We have a number of prospective AI projects. A major responsibility of this job is helping our leadership evaluate them and identifying the top candidates. You should expect priorities and direction to change as we begin adopting AI.