Lineate is seeking a software engineer to develop solutions and help our clients during U.S. business hours.
We are a software development company that has been at the forefront of large-scale, high-performance web development for over a decade. We are based in the U.S. and Russia, with our main office located in Lower Manhattan. Our client roster includes The New York Times, eBay, Shutterstock, AppNexus, The Boston Globe, adMarketplace, Etsy, OkCupid, SAP, Grubhub, and PlaceIQ.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience turning a broad spectrum of business problems into elegant technical solutions. This is a senior technical position, but we are not committed to any one specific skill set. What we want instead is someone who can understand what it takes to build a highly scalable and bulletproof system, and can both teach and learn from our other architects.
- Application and development team support, ad hoc requests, such as debugging applications, and finding the right configuration in a database
- Regular development work, majority of work is coding
- “Forward thinking” R&D work, e.g. applicability of Docker for an application
- Post-release support
- Travel: 2-4 times a year
- Comfortable talking to clients
- Software development skills, full stack Java
- Debugging skills, including digging into a database
- 2-4 years of experience
- Quick learner
- Experience working with remote teams
- Any foreign language is a strong nice to have
Lineate offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.