Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
Limeade (LME) went public in December, 2019 on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in order to fund growth and preserve control of its culture and destiny.
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a seasoned leader for our product organization. This person will be responsible for product management, UX, content and driving our vision and product strategy forward. This person will collaborate with the CEO, VP of Research and Development, and all other company leaders to chart the future of the company.
Our ideal candidate can communicate on an interpersonal level supporting large and growing teams to do visionary work. This person loves creating software that all of our users (employees, managers, HR leaders and C-suite executives, internal and 3rd party developers and partners) love to use. When forced to choose – we prioritize our employee users. Creating a better, more human and humane employee experience is where we will win.
- See the future and draw on a deep knowledge of their product and the industry to predict the future. Set the product and the company on a course to stay relevant and valuable in highly dynamic markets. Bring an insatiable curiosity and growth mindset. You read a lot, listen more than you speak, engage in activities outside of their industry, and draw on all of that information for insights, inspirations and predictive decision-making. of the needs of the user and the customer and the market.
- Architect a product delivery system that delivers faster, more data-driven innovation. This includes the full spectrum from ideation and idea gathering to winning awards for shipped products. Work with R&D, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and others to build an experimentation machine (AKA a “yes machine”) where both the number of successes and failures are important, and we learn from them all. (The “what” may matter more today, but the “how” is the key to long-term, sustainable competitive advantage.) All the great vision in the world doesn’t mean much if you can’t get the product idea from concept to users.
- Inspire, organize and growa world-class product management team. Develop a strong team of product managers, designers and other experts. This means making recruiting, training and ongoing coaching the top priority. Realize that developing great people requires a different set of skills than developing great products. Have a track record of identifying and recruiting potential talent, and then working actively and continuously with those people to minimize weaknesses and build strengths. Proactively design your org and influence the designs of those connected to deliver for stakeholders. Sometimes inspiring means digging in deep and getting your hands dirty, too :-)
- Build a “culture of improvement”across all product teams. Help the team see the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning. Understand that people need to make mistakes to learn, but they need to make them quickly and mitigate risks. Know that great products are the result of true empathy, EQ and collaboration. Respect and value designers and engineers. Understand the power of a motivated product team – and how to cultivate ideas.
- Ask the hardest questions, like “Are we really building what matters?” “How will we know this is a success?” “Who are we optimizing for, employees or companies – or is it an ‘and’ situation?” “What will we learn in any case?” “How can we ignore unimportant sales and customer requests, and pay attention to the important ones – and how do we know the difference?” ““Why are we focused on rolling this new product out to the entire sales team when we have not proven we can sell it with a smaller expert team first?”
- Think big and think platform. Deliver core common capabilities for all business lines and stakeholders, for a complex, global, multi-product, bold strategy. Look for synergy and scale economies by identifying novel ways third parties can leverage our capabilities
- Fulfill the expectations of company leadership. Uphold and reinforce values (see Leadership Values expectations, in appendix). Actively participate and in many cases drive progress with your fellow leaders
- You have built high-performing teams and delivered commercially successful and highly used and usable products in high-growth software companies
- Experience leading product management, research and design teams toward common goals
- ~15 years’ experience getting s*** done
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process, including technology
- Deep understanding of the economics and dynamics of your business and your market
- MBA optional
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.