A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
This position has a direct report to our VP of Production and will lead the Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering resources for all of Lilium’s domestic plants as well as for the supply chain.
You have the opportunity to work on the realisation of the product design and you will have full responsibility to help set up our manufacturing & production testing solutions, from material supply working with suppliers and our domestic Lilium component plants as well as the final aircraft assembly line.
For this leadership role, we are looking for somebody with 8 years of experience in the automotive industry, who will invent a new way of a high volume, system assembly from prove of concept to design.
You will ensure that our assembly system will be up to rate readiness for series production within a few years.
Your Day to Day:
- Hire, train and lead Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering teams
- Establish and constantly improve process & technology solutions
- Provide factory support to meet the design requirements and our business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100
- Implement manufacturing & series testing solutions via standards, solutions, systems and instructions that will enable the plant to achieve their TCQ targets
- Work closely with management team the local plant organisations and clearly communicate business targets to ensure the delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Contribute, with his production organisation, to a “Design for Make” of the type certification standard, the establishment of pilot stations to prove rate capability
- Define and build a series production assembly line, work on the operations of the plant from commissioning to production ramp up
- Establish and drive key processes within Lilium from material supply up to final assembly, this includes:
- Capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories
- Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Specification & provision of Lean/4.0/SCADA/robotic solutions for the Lilium plants
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, with experience in (electric) power plants assembly and especially in the design to made phase
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar responsibility role, within Manufacturing Engineering and or plant leadership in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aircrafts is essential
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing environments, including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Proven Lean skills –to drive continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- Production & technology global networking and experienced in developing technologies and systems to a capable production standard (SixSigma)
- Modern technology & automation leader type (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA)
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Implementation knowledge of organisation Self Directing Teams (SDT) and ANDON to mitigate production constraints immediately desired
- Experienced leader with track record in hiring, training and leading direct and a large number of indirect reports, and production staff. Ability to communicate at all levels
- Capable of extended cross-functional leadership, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions, required to deliver “end to end”.
- Software/IT skills: PowerPoint, Excel, ERP
- Excellent understanding of plant finances
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map, design to make experince
- Ability to speak and read English & German fluent required
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.