A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Component Test and work closely with our Component Testing team.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will be able to build, guide and lead a team of mechanical & electrical engineers / technicians. Next to developing the department structure, processes and best practices you will also remain hands-on working on various projects yourself.
- Lead the team, establish and manage our mechanical & electronic workshop, source materials and suppliers
- Work on the mechanical & electronic constructions, including high voltage application
- Plan and execute installations, modifications, calibration and maintenance repairs for prototypes
- Hiring and resource planning within the department
- Responsibility regarding safety at work and employee training
- Setup of structures and processes within the department
- Support for mechanical & electrical engineering
- Supervision of tasks related to 1kV applications
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience / Training / Certificates for high voltage applications (up to 1 kV / 1 MW)
- “Elektrofachkraft in der Industrie“ / Qualified Industrial Electrician would be beneficial
- Good skills in project management and team coordination
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented workstyle is a must
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.