Head of Supply Chain Operations
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the head of Procurement and work closely with our Procurement, Engineering and Production teams.
You will have the unique opportunity to shape the Supply Chain Operations Organization and establish robust processes and digital solutions that will ensure superior Supply Chain performance of Lilium in the fast-growing Urban Air Mobiliy market.
Your Day to Day:
• Recruit, support, train & lead a lean organisation of Supply Chain Operations managers and specialists.
• Participate to the definition of Procurement startegies and supplier Selection, based upon Competitiveness, Aerospace Qualifications and good performance records
• Define Strategies, Policies, Processes and Digital Solutions to secure the performance for all the suppliers of Aircraft items. Participate to the Procurement Multifunctional teams
• Ensure compliance to the international regulations, and to the Customs processes
• Contribue to define and deploy the Lilium ERP as well as cloud-based solutions for collaborations with Suppliers (including PO placement, OTD management, Invoicing, Non-Conformities declarations, Statistical Process Control, Advance Shipment Notice) Deploy
• Define, implement and deploy Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solutions where appropriate in order to optimize cash and warehouse space
• Lead the team -and get personnaly involved as required- that will:
o Drive or Support APQP (advancee product quality planning) activities at Suppliers
o Ensure the readiness of the supply base by launching Industrial Process Capability Assessements, as well as Capacity Contingency Planning audits at the relevant suppliers.
o Look after Supplier Approvals to ensure that only approved suppliers are used, and purchase orders are only issued for qualified items. Seek deviation approval from Quality.
o Place purchase orders to suppliers to meet the demande generated by the MRP
o Ensure a proper Risk Management practice is implemented to avoid any disruption to the Supply of items.
o Implement data collection at the Supplier and transparency on Quality and Productivity performance
o Drive recovery actions at Suppliers in case of non-Performance
• Implement a control room with visual monitoring of the performance and risks in the Supply Chain
• Ensure all internal root causes of Suppliers non-performance (eg: demand patterns, technical specifications...) are identified swiftly and addressed in an efficient collaborative way.
• Lead by example with uncompromising business ethics and respect for People
• Ensure adequate participate of the Supply Chain Operation teams to the various Production forum where the voice of Supply Chain is needed
• Minimum qualifications / Education: Masters of Engineering and/or business administration degree
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Supply Chain roles out of which 5 in in a similar position within global, high volume automotive or aerospace environments required
• Proven experience leading“End to End” implementations of Supply Chain organizations, processes and systems
• Pragmatic leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational mindset.
• Good knowledge and practice of cloud based solutions for end-to-end collaboration with Suppliers
• Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others
• Excellent communications skills to build and sustain credibly with all levels of the organisation
• High sense for urgency with cand-do mindset and customer orientation
• Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience
• Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.