Head of General Procurement and Investments
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Procurement and work closely with our Production, Commercial, Engineering and Finance teams.
As Lilum is growing fast, you will shape a high performing supply base for the Capital expenditures and non-flying Items which will be used in the Production, Engineering, Commercial Operation and Maintenance of Lilum Aircrafts.
Your Day to Day:
• Develop Procurement Strategies & Policies aligned with our company strategy
• Recruit, support, train & lead a lean organisation of commodity buyers and operational staff
• Conduct market research, identify & select potential suppliers based upon adequate Aerospace qualifications and demonstrated capabilities and capacity
• Lead big scale supplier sourcing projects from evaluation to contract negotiation to delivery.
• Monitor the Supply Chain and ensure delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
• Look after supplier Approvals and Compliance to international Standards and Regulations
• Ensure performance control with high-responsive supply chain/supplier development, including cost improvement programmes
• Collaborate with the Commercial and Production teams during development projects to implement the equipments and systems for Production, Commercial Operations and Maintenance of Lilium Aircrafts (Commercial organisation will source their buildings and manage separately their partnerships)
• Collaborate with the Engineering teams to implement subcontracted solutions for Engineering Workpackages (DOA scope), in order to secure sufficient Engineering capacity and Capabilities. Only use DOA approved Engineering suppliers.
• Define, deploy and continuously manage the Purchase-to-Pay Process for non-flying items (general Procurement)
• Manage and mitigate commercial claims arising from the supply agreements.
• Maintain uncompromising business ethics and respect for people
• Minimum qualifications / Education: mechanical engineering and/or business administration degree – excellent grade and industrial internships required
• Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement out of which 5 in in a similar position within global, high volume automotive or aerospace environments required
• Proven experience leading“End to End” implementations of procurement solutions for General Procurement and Investments
• Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus .
• Good knowledge and practice of writing and negotiating Contracts
• Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others
• Excellent communications skills to build and sustain credibly with all levels of the organisation
• High sense for urgency with a real time networking across the globe
• Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience
• Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.