A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Finance and work closely with our Finance team.
We're building a world-class, scalable Finance function, ready for our future growth. You'll have the opportunity to work across projects in all areas as well as taking responsibility for major projects of your own, just as you'd expect in a start up.
The finance business partner will work closely with a broad leadership group across the Engineering and People divisions on all finance related topics on a day to day basis. Other key deliverables include providing recommendations on and implementing process optimisation projects, KPI development, budget feedback and assist the leadership in all key financial decisions.
The successful candidate will be able to draw on exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills as well as deep knowledge of financial fundamentals to problem solve, identify areas of risk and partner with management on all finance related topics in the production and quality space. Your experience will help you to the balance the business requirements with the finance capabilities and be instrumental in developing the controlling landscape to continuously add value to the organisation.
As an early joiner in the Controlling team, this is an exceptional opportunity to shape the controlling landscape and commercial interfaces between highly specialised division operations and broader financial objectives.
This role requires excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills and in addition to partnering with the business you will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
Your Day to Day:
- Partner with key stakeholders in the engineering and people divisions to provide finance support to facilitate achievement of the overall business objectives
- Support the business to ensure the creation of accurate, realistic and achievable budgets within issued guidelines.
- Problem solve finance related queries in the business setting and be a leader and conduit in change management
- Grow the professionalisation of our finance processes and reporting solutions, while maintaining an agile and flexible start-up culture.
- Ensure data integrity and continuously strive to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation
- Work with colleagues and management to develop decision making principles based on sound economic fundamentals and viable solutions
- Bachelor or Masters degree in finance, accounting or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum four years of experience in controlling, finance business partnering or highly correlated field
- Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment and execute with urgency
- Hands on mentality with exceptional numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, make objective assessments and see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to converse within a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English language essential, German or any other language would be beneficial
- Advanced digital technology and automation experience desirable
This role is flexible – we will accept applications for a full time or part time (24 hours +) basis and can facilitate a mix of office based and remote working arrangements.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.