We are looking for an outstanding export compliance expert to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position reports to the General Counsel and Head of Legal.
Your Day to Day:
- Ensure export control compliance across the company
- Responsible for export guidance and consultation across all departments and aircraft projects according to European, German and US export control laws
- Creation, implementation and continuous improvement of export control related processes
- Close collaboration with the various departments (e.g engineering, procurement, logistics, IT etc.) on export control related topics
- Identify and drive activities towards the export classification of all available hardware, software and technical documentation
- Organize, facilitate and deliver ad hoc export control trainings and raise awareness
- Identify needs for export control licenses and drive all related activities to obtain and manage the relevant documentation and the related licenses
- Act as the main contact partner for the relevant export control authorities (e.g. BAFA)
- Support the legal department on the creation and deployment of a compliance department
- Consult and guide the commercial team towards export compliance topics
- Support on ad-hoc custom related topics
- Work on ad hoc export control related tasks or projects
- A minimum of four years experience in a similar position and on a job obtained affinity with export laws and regulations (especially with the European Dual Use law and the US Export Administration Regulations)
- Experience in export licensing
- In depth knowledge of the European, German and US export control laws
- Bachelor degree and preferably a M.Sc / M. Engineering/ M.Law
- Willing to get trained on custom regulations if necessary
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle withproblem solving skills and ability to mentor and train other members
- Fluent English and German language skills are essential, any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs