A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
In this role, you will be leading all Quality activities for the Supply Chain with the aim to achieve outstanding Quality standards; and you will report directly to the head of Procurement.
Our Procurement Organisation aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable and digital Quality Management System for the whole Supply Chain.
You will have end-to-end responsibility for all Quality and POA activities related to the Supply Chain, and will have the unique opportunity to shape the organisation, processes and systems, with a constant search of effectiveness and efficiency via digitalisation.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world; and create a benchmark Supply Chain Quality organization for a leading company in the rapidly growing Urban Air Mobility industry.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- In collaboration with the Quality Organisation, define, document and implement a robust Quality Management System (QMS) for the whole supply chain (Flying items, Non-Flying items and all Services). The scope of the QMS activities includes Suppliers selection and Qualification, Couple Suppliers/Items Qualification, Suppliers Controls Audits and Surveillance, Suppliers Quality Performance monitoring, thorough deployment of APQP for all Flying items; Field engineering and Suppliers Development, Source or incoming inspection as required, identification and resolution of the Supply Chain Quality issues, preparation and support of EASA audits and visits.
- Define and implement a roadmap to achieve world-class Quality performance in the Supply Chain
- Design and set-up an organization, recruit talents and develop a highly skilled and motivated team
- Collaborate with the relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure full deployment of APQP for all Flying items
- Participate or Lead the Quality aspects of the Industrialization in the Supply Chain of Flying Items, in order to ensure a “right first time, right all the times” performance
- Define and deploy an end-to-end Quality Database capturing all relevant data from the Tier1 to Tier X Supply Chain and enabling data-science solutions in order to contain, eradicate and eventually prevent Quality issues from the Supply Chain
- Define and deploy a set of KPIs in order to measure and improve the Quality from the supply chain, drive the regular evaluation and deploy necessary actions with the aim of achieving outstanding Quality standards.
- Implement a visual management system to enable fast management attention to the most pressing risks and issues
- Collaborate with the Commodity Management team to ensure that the terms of the Procurement contracts are enabling the deployment of all Quality management Activities with the Supply Chain, and that consequential actions can be swiftly executed with non-performing suppliers
- Infuse a culture of Problem Solving (PPS, Ishikawa, Shainin), and constantly evangelize APQP and PPAP across the entire Procurement, Production and Engineering organizations.
- Assume end-to-end POA responsibility for the Supply Chain, and manage the interface with EASA or other Airworthiness Authorities for all topics related to Supply Chain
- Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Aerospace Technology
- Min of 5 years of experience in the implementation or management of a Supplier Quality Management System, preferably in Aerospace or Automotive companies
- Leadership experience in managing Teams required.
- Understanding of POA and MOA requirements in the Aerospace industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes in the aerospace, automotive and/or railway industries on electronics/electric equipment, energy storage and/or composite structures
- Thorough knowledge and practice of Advanced Quality methods such as APQP, PPAP, SPC, Kepner Tregoe and/or Shainin
- Fact driven, resilient and personal commitment to achieve the success of the company
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to define and propose digital solutions (datalake, datascience, datamining)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and cross-functional leadership skills
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.