A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production planning and control leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory. Team Leader of Production Planning and Control team will lead the PPC&C team managing day to day and long term production planning of all factories. This role will be responsible for the absolute doable and capable realization of the reviewing packages and validating budgeted man-hours to complete the work package of various projects
In this position, you will be part of the extended plant leader team for a group of components of our aircraft. This leadership role is fundamental in building a new way of high-volume production within a few years.
The Production Planning and Control team provides the best process & technology solutions in connecting logistics, warehouse and production factories to meet the production requirements and the business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
The Team Leader PP& C for all factories drives 4 Key processes within Lilium
(1) Keep all factories up and running with timely supply of material and manpower
(2) Pragmatic and progressive planning solutions to evaluate progress in all verticals of the project plan
(3) Coordinate with program office to align business objectives
(4) Own and manage the production control tower across all factories
Your Day to Day
- Oversee all aspects of production planning and control and the implementation of associated control systems and processes, liaising with the
Manufacturing team for effective long term forecasting with the firming of material requirements and balancing of the workflow as well as
forecasting long term scheduling
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously to meeting maintenance and production requirements
- To produce capacity plan detail to enable forward planning of production areas.
- Working with key ERP/MRP users and ensuring the integrity of data
- Develops and maintains reports relating to process, product and operation on-time performance. Advises management when on-time order delivery is in jeopardy.
- Evaluates production statistics and their impact to the production schedule. Reports major variances from plan to appropriate management personnel along with a course correction action plan for managing issues as they arise.
- Analyse complete work package for labour and material posting, closing and retaining work orders.
- Relevant degree in Management or Industrial Engineering
- Must have experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a PP& C leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aircraft's
- Leading more than 20 associates and capable of an extended cross-functional leadership with a “end to end” mind-set.
- Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production planning and control concepts including digital environment for strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership with a high response & real-time work behaviour
- Specific requirements
- Software/IT skills: ERP, Digital Twin modelling, Simulation models
- Excellent project management skills
- Having the key credentials of a modern production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.