A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Leader of Battery/Module Assembly and work closely with our Battery Assembly team.
The Battery Assembly team is responsible for the manufacture of our state-of-the-art batteries which power the Lilium Jet.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Black Belt Process Engineer with electrical experience to lead the battery pack process development activities in the Manufacturing Engineering team who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory.
You will be responsible for the definition, selection and introduction of manufacturing processes for the battery pack construction and assembly. You will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering team who are responsible for the absolute doable and capable realisation of the product design into manufacturing & production testing solutions. This role is fundamental in building a new way of high-volume production within a few years. You will provide the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet the design requirements and the business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
In this role, you will also develop and implement key processes for battery module within Lilium from material and process selection to optimised volume production:
- Lead, implement, manage and continuously improve our processes to enable global scaling of our organisation.
- You will work on all kinds of processes, developing and optimising new and existing manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Identify and implement processes to support new Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories.
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the process capability development for all technical matters for his/her component and/or process scope
- Lead technical and process improvement projects including Root cause problem solving and mapping and analysis of existing processes to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets Support production and supply chain teams with regard to all technical matters
- Design, develop and execute test plans
- Engage in a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
- Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in high volume assembly lines of automotive and/or small aircraft assembly
- Experience in assembly production, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, tooling selection and process specification. Particular focus on process Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for assembly technologies and processes development and improvement
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including process yield improvement during production ramp up
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality and Manufacturing
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, HS&E and process capability
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, Minitab
- Perform data analysis, create documentation and present test results
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production team to secure continuous production flow
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.