A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Composites Production and is part of the extended Manufacturing Engineering.This leadership role is fundamental in building a new way of high volume production within a few years.
The Composite Manufacturing team is responsible for making the structures of the Lilium Jet a reality. From selecting production processes and implementing them to driving the ‘design to manufacture’ for our composite structure, you’ll play an integral part in preparing our business for production.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused composites production. The “Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering” will lead the Manufacturing Engineering resources for all composite components, their domestic factory set up & operations as well as implementation in the supply chain. The primary responsibilities include the product Design to Manufacture and New Product Introduction.
The “Manufacturing Engineering Manager” drives 3 key processes within Lilium from material supply up to component assembly:
(1) Product Design to Manufacture and Design to Cost
(2) Product introduction into our factories and supply chain.
(2) Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
Your Day to Day: .
- Plan and allocate Manufacturing Engineering resources to new product introduction and shop floor support
- Recruit, qualify and supervise a team of Manufacturing Engineers
- Lead the Non-Conformance process and process capability development for all technical matters
- Lead technical and process improvement projects to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets for a group of components
- Lead a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
Your Profile .
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace with experience – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Must be an appreciated expert in Composite Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering leadership role in a modern high-volume composite production environment of automotive or aircrafts
- Leading more than 20 manufacturing engineers and capable of an extended cross-functional leadership with a “end to end” mind-set.
- Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for Composite manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership with a high response & real-time work behavior
- Specific requirements
- Software/IT skills: ERP, Digital Twin modelling, Simulation models
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map
- Having the key credentials of a modern production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.