A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Prototyping WorkShop Leader and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an experienced CNC Programmer who will be hands on in the manufacture of Lilium’s revolutionary product. As part of this role, you will be working on the CNC process development, programming and verification on a daily basis. Furthermore, you will assist the engineering teams by providing feedback for design improvements to the product. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production.
Your Day to Day:
- Work as a CNC Programmer for 5 axis and Turn-Mill high performance machining center.
- Building tools libraries and creating a sustainable and efficient Tooling System.
- Support suppliers with the development and implementation of CAM Software and Post-Processors.
- Support suppliers with the development and implementation of Simulation software.
- Work cross functionally with related departments
- eg. work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment, tooling and machining efficiency.
- eg. improve manufacturing standards and process requirements
- eg. support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Assist Prototype WorkShop team in development of tooling and new equipment commissioning and implementation.
- Educational background as Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in CNC operating/setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in CNC Programming
- Proven experience with 5 axis machining centers operation and programming
- Proven experience with Turn-Mill machining centers operation and programming
- Extended knowledge of high-performance machining techniques.
- Experience with production of technical support and solution oriented.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Experience with the creation of project related documentation in relation with the fabrication of different parts and/or assemblies
- Experience with different CAM software an asset.
- Able to propose design modifications to reduce manufacturing costs and lead times
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Sense of entrepreneurship.
- Able to work with tight deadlines and urgencies
- English language is a plus.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.