A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity. We want you to come as you are, without worrying about who you are or how you might fit in. If you’re as adaptable as we are and you’re committed to pushing the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to a Calculation Engineer from the Structural Analysis Team, you will be working onsite on research and development topics, implement closed form and numerical analysis methods that will be applied for Systems development in the future.
The Structural Analysis team is a center of excellence for structural analysis methods, working closely with all other engineering disciplines to positively influence our development process and analyse results using state-of-the-art modelling methods.
We are seeking an outstanding engineering student to join our Structural Analysis Team, who can expect outstanding learning opportunities in our young and fast-growing aviation company. You will work closely to our Calculation Engineers on various projects focusing on methods development for structural analysis and fluid structure interaction.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter and let us know your availability and possible start date.
Your Day to Day:
- Research on theory and reference test-cases for the flutter prediction of rotating fan blades
- Implementation of suited analysis methods into a python code
- Verification & validation of the developed tool by reference cases
- Perform parameter studies to give generic design guidelines for a safe blade design in terms of flutter
- Create a documentation of the tool & the produced results
- Engineering student with an outstanding academic track of records
- In depth knowledge of aeroelasticity and structural mechanics
- Practical experience in FEM analysis and Python scripting are a must
- High level of self-reliance, ability to work in a team and an autonomous target-oriented workstyle is essential
- Strong motivation to develop and improve analysis tools in a fast growing department
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
- Ability to work a minimum of 6 months full time required
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We've got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it's also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, a 'mingle room' complete with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch jets taking off all day long, against the backdrop of the Alps. Finally, we're big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we've invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.