A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious, exceptional process engineering expert to join our team focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art aircraft assembly line. As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in product design & integration, you will be the key focal point for engineering a holistic aircraft assembly process. You will spearhead Industry 4.0 implementation to create a harmonized, ready-to-scale assembly production operation. You will be responsible for defining and implementing IoT technologies, championing Lean best practices and continuous process improvement, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to digitize both development and series production processes, integrating mechanization and automation technologies into the value chain, and bringing to life a lean, robust, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Own and implement the digital technology roadmap governing the entire aircraft assembly process, including process parameter monitoring & control and harmonization with company ERP, MES, and PLM frameworks
- Relentlessly drive process improvement, cost-out, and simplification projects with high frequency in both development workshop and series production process chains
- Spearhead projects to implement automation & SCADA technologies in collaboration with robotic and factory automation teams
- Drive design-for-make for all process steps concerning interfaces between separate systems. Work with NPD teams to ensure that parts/assemblies are manufacturable, cost effective and maintain high quality standards
- Lead post-launch sustaining activities intended to support a smooth transition into production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Utilize analytics to shorten the development cycle and deliver key insights to design engineering stakeholders as well as quality, logistics, finance, and industrial teams
- Act as liaison between design engineering, product management, operations, quality, supply chain and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize critical project milestones and deliverables.
- Provide shop floor support with emphasis on just-in-time problem solving, root cause analysis, running workshops and Kaizen events, ergonomics, and human factors
- Relevant university / technical institute degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial automation and control, factory digitization, systems engineering, or shop floor information technology. Automotive assembly, aircraft assembly, aerospace experience preferred.
- Highly capable of handling design change workflows in terms of fit, form and function, DMU analysis and assembly tolerancing
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Expert proficiency in data science & analytics, mesh network data collection, web development, data mining - with a fearless motivation to develop and try in a learn-fast agile cycle
- Experience using and implementing clever hardware & software IoT technologies to achieve and exceed business objectives
- Lean expertise - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious. Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with Industrial IT, company IT, shop floor-based manufacturing engineering, aircraft technicians
- Strong persuasion and interpersonal skills to motivate cross-functional teams of design engineers, quality, hardware manufacturing, and suppliers. Demonstrated experience in running team workshops resulting in tangible business outcomes
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- ICT Skills: MT Connect, Raspberry Pi, Arduino and/or other industrial internet technologies, PHP, SQL, Python, R, or similar languages, Microsoft Office, ERP, and MES
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.